Saturday 20 October 2018

CAS Christmas Card Challenge ......

Happy weekend folks ........

What are you up to this weekend? 
Not to worry you but ........ there's only NINE more Saturday's before Christmas ...... eeeeek! Scary or what!!!   

If you're like me, and need a mountain of Christmas cards and you haven't really made a start on them, don't rush out and buy any just yet ....... although I must say I have seen some in town that are looking like a nice option right now .... oh yes! I have looked!!  But, I'm not giving in just yet. Instead I'm playing along with this month's CAS Christmas Card Challenge .......


As you can see, the theme for October's challenge is ...... Birds
And I couldn't resist playing with one of my favourite little bird stamps .... well, three of them actually .....


I never get tired of using these cute little guys and they're perfect for quick, CAS designs.

I simply used my MISTI to stamp the birds, and heat embossed them in a clear powder ......


What did we ever do before the MISTI ...... such a great tool for batch making (I can see a few more of this design being made!!)

I coloured the Santa hats with ZIG markers and used my Distress Inks and a water brush to colour the birds .....


A touch of glitter on the hats for a little festive sparkle .....


A sprinkle of snow, using Chunky White Embossing Powder (something I use on nearly all my Christmas cards) ......


Finished off with a simple sentiment stamped in gold ..... again done on the MISTI


Ho! Ho! Ho!  Well ..... that's one more for the festive box!

No Christmas card making for me today though ..... I'm still trying to find some tubs for the patio.  I need to find some soon .... I have bulbs that need planting!!!
I did look the other day but I think the shiny, sparkly, festive stuff got all my attention ......


A little treat for me in there too ...... dark chocolate Lindor, my favourites! 

We're off out this evening .... the second (oops!) third little blip in our sober October.  We were only supposed to be allowing ourselves the two ...... our meal out the other weekend which had been planned for a while, and this Saturday but .... we had a family roast dinner during the week and I weakened.  I only had 2 glasses of wine though ..... well it would have been rude not to, wouldn't it.  Hubby on the other hand had a little more.  No will power!!

I think I'll be having a little more tonight though .... we're off to an Oompah Night down at The Railway, on the Quay

Bavarian beer, food and music with Baron Otto's Brass Band.  Should be a fun night.  Lederhosen optional, thank goodness.

Thanks for popping by ..... have a fabulous weekend.

Cheerio until next time .....

7 comments:

Colleen said...

I can see why you love th4ese little guys and want to make more cards with them. They are so cute and are perfect for CAS cards! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love your little birds, Linda! They are adorable with their sparkly Santa hats! The chunky snow adds texture and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

I LOVE these adorable birds. So cute, especially wearing those over-sized Santa hats. :) CAS perfection with this design, my friend! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Nice shopping ... I spotted the chocolate right away! :)

xx

Christine Alexander said...

These three and so cute in their hats and love that smudge of red on their chests. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas with this cutie :)

Darnell said...

Do you ever just have a coupla days with nothing going on, Linda?!! You have more fun than anyone I know and I am, in turn, exhausted and envious when I read your posts! Your three Santa birdies could not be any cuter!! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs.B said...

Those little birds are so sweet and perfect for a CAS card.
Sounds like you were going to have a fun night, hope you've recovered.
Avril xx

Cindy C. said...

Very cute birds!!