Wednesday 17 October 2018

More Sweet Poppy samples .......

Happy middle of the week ......

How's your Wednesday going?
I'm off out for lunch with Lauren and then we're popping over to the garden centre.  I need a few bits and bobs ..... yes, me ..... gardening!!!  When I say gardening I mean I have bulbs to plant and I need new pots.  Bulbs are easy, the flowers are already in there they just need planting! 
It also happens to be their Christmas launch today ......... I know it's only October but, it'll be here before we know it.  And you all know how I love buying new Christmas decorations!

Before I go I want to remind you that Lucy is back on HOCHANDA tomorrow with lots of new Sweet Poppy Stencil Designs ..... some festive, some not so there's something for everyone.

I shared quite a few festive designs with you on Monday but if you're really not into making Christmas cards just yet, or you're one of those really organised people who have all theirs done by now ...... there's something for you
How cute is this little guy ........ the new Fairy Seahorse


Designed for Sweet Poppy, by the lovely Tracey Dutton from Lavinia .... he's gorgeous! Just look at all the detail


I found a Brusho background in my stash that was perfect for him ...... used the white paste through the stencil and then sprinkled with glitters ......


I added the pretty new Forest Stem along the bottom .....  used the stencil with the paste and glitter and then cut using the matching outline die .... makes great seaweed!


Instead of a card I thought he deserved to be in a frame. 
I decorated an old photo frame with black gesso and metallic waxes and added a few shells and art stones to the bottom


A few drops of Nuvo Crystal Gaze give the look of water droplets .......



and I also added some to the glass


The sentiment is one from my stash ...... fits perfectly don't you think!

Another of Tracey's designs is this beautiful Indian Moth .....


Again just look at the detail ......


On this card the stencil does all the work ..... pale blue paste onto black cardstock, sprinkled with crystal glitter.
A few splatters of gold and silver ink in the background  along with a few dots of white acrylic paint

finished with a stamped and embossed sentiment ...... job done!



Don't forget Lucy's shows are tomorrow (Thursday)  at 12 and 4pm on HOCHANDA
If you're a Lavinia stamps fan too then you're in for a real treat ...... Lavinia AND Sweet Poppy on the same day ..... back to back shows actually, I think.  I'll be watching!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ....

3 comments:

Redanne said...

You did right to frame him, he is absolutely gorgeous and the butterfly is pretty amazing too! Will hopefully catch the show(s) tomorrow. Hugs, Anne xx

Mrs.B said...

Stunning samples - the seahorse is beautifully detailed.
Will watch the programme on rewind - thanks for the reminder.
Avril xx

Christine Alexander said...

OMGI have to order some of these stencils. Linda, I am so glad you framed them they are gorgeous :)