Saturday 13 October 2018

Happy Birthday CAS Watercolour challenge!

Happy weekend .....

It's a very wet and windy one here ..... a good reason to stay cosy and warm indoors.

I'm playing along with another blog challenge today ......  the CAS Watercolour Card Challenge.
It's a special month this month .... the challenge is celebrating it's 2nd Birthday!!


Congratulations ladies ..... WOW! doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

This month's theme is all about colours .....  Orange, Green and Brown to be exact.


What a perfect combination for this time of year .....


The Autumnal shades turned my thoughts to leaves .... something we have plenty of at the moment.  all over the lawn!!!  If it stops raining long enough and the wind dies down a little they need to be cleared.  A job for next week's To Do list I think!

Anyway .... back to my card.  I started by stamping the leaves onto a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock.   I've used the gorgeous Leaf Canopy stamp set from Altenew.  You get the outline image of the leaves and a seperate stamp for the full leaves.  There's also some really nice sentiments on there too.
I stamped the full leaves using the required colours in Distress Oxide inks ...... I do love the Oxides, and I can't wait to get my hands on the final 12.


I then stamped the outline over the top and heat embossed in gold ......


I used the same colours of ink around the edges only this time I used the regular Distress .... I think it was Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin, Peeled Paint and then a touch of Gathered Twig,
I gave it a little splatter with water, and mopped up the excess ..... I never get tired of using this technique, love the effect


I also splattered some gold ink over the top and finished with a sentiment from one of the Penny Black T for Transparent sets ..... stamped in Gathered Twig Distress Oxide ink


There's a few drops of Nuvo Crystal Glaze here and there too.

Happy 2nd Birthday CAS Watercolour Challenge!

It's been a busy few days here ..... lunch out, then a fab crafty get together yesterday which was fun.  I didn't actually do anything but, I think I have decided on one of this year's Christmas card designs which is a start.  Carol made a birthday card though, which was lovely and I helped a little bit!   
I made a great start on the Christmas shopping the other day  though .... I managed to get just what I was looking for, plus a few little extra bits too ..... ooops!  I just have to remember where I've put it all when it comes time to wrap it!! I'm not used to being THIS organised in October.  I've even ordered the festive feast ..... well, some of it anyway. 
Oooh! and look what arrived the other day ...... a little something just for me!


Yes I finally gave in and decided to order a new die cutting machine.  I've been toying with the idea for a while now.  Don't get me wrong, I still love my Big Shot (both of them!!), I just wanted something that's a bit easier to use.  Plus,  I got a great deal on it, so that helped!
Although, then came the decision, do I go for the big Gemini, the Gemini Junior, or the new Gemini Go?  Well ...... in the end, I went for the big one, on hubby's advice. 
He said if I bought one of the smaller ones and loved it, I'd only wish I'd bought the big one, which he's probably right ....... I'll let you know if I've made the right choice!

Thanks for popping by ........ have a lovely weekend. I hope the weather isn't too bad where you are.
I'm off to put my feet up, and browse the latest Stampin Up! catalogue ..... this could be expensive!

Cheerio until next time .....

6 comments:

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful card Linda, the leaves look so beautiful in their Autumn colours! I agree with your hubby too on your new toy! Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

Your fall leaves are so pretty, Linda! I love the gold outlines of them and all the lovely splatters! The lighter center of the background gives it all such a nice glow! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful Fall card Linda! The DOX colors you chose for your leaves are just lovely and I really like the gold embossed outlining too! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Linda, the gold embossed outlines really give the leaves another dimension.
Enjoy your new toy, and I agree with hubby, sometimes big is best.
Have a lovely day.
Avril xx

Loll said...

Your leaves are gorgeous in the fall colours Linda. So pretty with the gold embossing. Love the splatters ... always adds so much! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Great start on your Christmas shopping and ALWAYS great to get a gift for yourself as well. :) I'm so excited for you with the Gemini. I went with the Jr., only because I have limited counter space in my studio. I love not having to crank the big shot all the time. This is a nice break for my shoulders. xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful autumn card! Those leaves are just stunning, loving the oxides colors you chose-I love the oxides too. Your background is so pretty and the leaves look great on it. I love that beautiful sentiment! Good for your on getting started with your Christmas shopping, I have started too! I totally agree with your hubby, enjoy our new toy, it is on my wish list! lol Thanks for joining the Oct. challenge over at CAS Watercolour! Hugs, Brenda