Monday 15 October 2018

Book the sofa, grab the remote ..... Lucy's back on our screens

Happy Monday ......

A busy week coming up.  I thought I'd start it by letting you know that the lovely Lucy and Sweet Poppy Stencils are back on our TV screens this week ..... yeah!! 
Put the date in your diaries, book the sofa and the remote control, or set your box to record.

When? ...... Thursday October 18th 
What time? ...... 12pm and again at 4pm
Where? ....... HOCHANDA (Sky channel 673/Freeview 85/Freesat 817)

There's some brand new stencils, designed by the fabulous Tracey Dutton from Lavinia Stamps, all with dies to match.  And of course, all the other fab Sweet Poppy products will be available ..... pastes, glitters, stamps.

Here's a little look at a few of the samples I sent off to Lucy last week.
There's a little bit of Christmas ....... with the beautiful Holly Tree


A gorgeous Christmas tree, so full of detail.  Looks stunning in classic black and white .......


This is simply glossy white stencil paste, sprinkled with crystal glitter and finished off with a sentiment heat embossed on the bottom.


It's perfect for CAS Christmas cards ......


I added a pretty ribbon bow to decorate the tub .......


And why not make your gift tags too .....


Glossy white paste again with green glitter this time, and a touch of red for the berries .... very festive


Use the stencil with your inks too, to create fab backgrounds ......


The perfect backdrop for all your festive sentiments ...... 


All the sentiments used above are from the Sweet Poppy stamp sets .... Noel and Joy and Peace

It's not going to be all Christmas designs though ....... there's some gorgeous new foliage.
There's a pretty Large Fern ....... great detail on this 


Looks great over all those inky backgrounds.
And the matching die is fab ...... cut's beautifully too!


I've simply cut the ferns from plain cardstock and then heat embossed them with various metallic powders ...... very Autumnal!


One of my favourites from the new designs is the Forest Stem ..... how pretty is this, it's so delicate


I've used the stencil onto my inky background with a green Distress Oxide ink  (the stamp that I've also used is from the Sweet Poppy Stamp set ..... Season,  stamped, second generation using a Sepia Versafine ink)


I've then used paste through the stencil onto black cardstock, added glitters over the top and used the matching die to cut it out ......


When I first saw this design, I must admit I immediately thought ..... mistletoe!!  I think it's perfect.


Distress Oxide ink ...... white enamel accents for the berries (you could use tiny pearls or even Liquid Pearls) 


A touch of gold and silver splattered in the background, and a festive ribbon bow 


Finished with a sentiment ..... love it!!!


Maybe it's just me but ..... I also saw a Christmas tree too ....


I think I'm getting in the festive groove now don't you ...... that's one excuse I suppose!  I can't blame the Christmas spirit yet ..... Sober October continues!!! (only 16 days to go)

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day. 
There's a couple more designs to show you but I'll leave those for a little later in the week.

Cherrio until next time .....

6 comments:

Redanne said...

Stunning cards Linda, each and every one. The Christmas tree stencil looks fantastic. Looking forward to the shows if we can get rid of this lurgy! Hugs, Anne xx

!neke said...

Wow Linda !!!
So beautifull !
Love the Christmas tree most !!!

X Ineke

Loll said...

Fantastic new stencils and your designs showcase them to perfection! You've shown so many different ways to use each ... all fantastic, beautiful designs. I have not bought from Sweet Poppy ... yet! :) I'm heading over to take a look see. :) xx

Cards Books and Babies said...

Stunning cards, thank you Linda. I have the Christmas Tree - how did you detail the berries in red glitter please? Did you do it all in green first and then add glue and red glitter on the berry bits? Thanks

Linda said...

Thank you for your lovely comments. You're absolutely right ..... I did the green glitter over the whole tree then went in afterwards with red glitter glue on the berries xx

Mrs.B said...

Stunning cards Linda, love the holly Christmas Tree stencil and it does look fabulous in black/white too.
The spray does look like mistletoe and you make it look so versatile.
Avril xx