Friday 16 November 2018

The weekend is here ......

Happy Friday .....

Well we're home!  The crossing wasn't too bad, a bit like a roller coaster in places ....... up and down, side to side ...... but we had a cabin again so we slept for most of it.
We crammed in as much as we could whilst we were in the UK ....... sadly not enough time to see everyone though.

It's business as usual again now.   There's exciting DT stuff to do, I've still got a couple of tags left for the 12 Tags event, and I have a  Christmas workshop tomorrow (Saturday).  Things are getting a little Christmas crazy around here and it's not even December yet!!!

Speaking of Christmas though, I'm catching up the 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends ......


Here's my tag, or should I say tags, for Day 11 ......


Inspired by the girls from STAMPlorations, I've used some of the fabulous festive sentiments from their Christmas Typografia range
I love large sentiment stamps and these are perfect for creating really quick and easy, yet stunning Christmas cards, and they are great for tags

I simply stamped and heat embossed the words onto my coloured tags .......


This one is perfect to make into a Christmas tree ..... a simple tub on the bottom and a few dots of glitter glue here and there for the baubles,


Or why not add a sprinkling of Chunky White Embossing Powder to give a great snowy look.


Simple fussy cut holly leaves on the bottom of this one ..... very festive.

A popular technique at the moment is to give this spotlight effect ...... achieved by simply blending the same colour of ink as your base card but, a shade or two darker, around the edges of your tag


I love the effect .... don't you.


I'm also linking these tags up the 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2018 ...... hosted by Tracey McNeely
 
Thanks for popping by ....... I know it's getting late. I've been trying to blog all day but things just kept getting in the way!
I'm going to put my feet up, catch up on some TV and have a nice G&T ...... I've earned it today.

Cheerio until next time .....
 

4 comments:

Loll said...

Three fantastic tags Linda! LOVE the large sentiments that really are the focal point. A great way to make quick tags, as you said. Adding those special details to each tag, makes them special. Thanks for playing along. Happy to hear you are back home safe. Have a great workshop tomorrow! Can't wait to see what you make with your class! xx

Lindsey said...

Beautiful tags! Love the little touches you added to each. Thanks for being inspired at Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event!

nancy littrell said...

I love all 3 of your typografia tag designs, Linda. I discovered I am 8 cards short today, so I am using my new Typo stamps for one layer cards. I have made one...I will see if I can still stick with one layer...hugs! Nancy

Susan Renshaw said...

Lots of excellent tips, Linda! Great tags!
Really enjoying taking part in
25 Days of Christmas Tags
Susan Renshaw
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!