Sunday 18 November 2018

Its beginning to look a little bit like Christmas ........

Happy Sunday ......

I do hope you've enjoyed your weekend.
It's been a little crazy here, trying to get back to normal after our trip across to the UK.  We're almost there though ..... just the ironing mountain to conquer now.  That can wait until tomorrow I think!

It was workshop day yesterday ....... the annual festive crafty get together.  A little early I know but, December is getting pretty booked up already!

I haven't done a workshop for a while so it was nice to see everyone.  We had a full house too, with a couple of new faces,  so it was a busy day ...... full of glitter and sparkle and lots of fake snow.  We had  Christmas tunes playing, lots of mince pies and of course ...... chocolate!  We were definitely in the festive spirit ...... I definitely was at the end of the day ..... I'd earned it!!

We made pretty Christmas baubles using products from Lavinia Stamps ......  these were the ones I'd made as samples ........


They are so easy to create.  You buy the empty bauble, which comes in three sizes ..... the ones above are the small (8cm) and the medium (10cm) size.   They're also available in a large 15cm version which is huge!  You'll have to wait a little longer to see those .... there's currently three on my desk waiting to be finished!!

They're a beautiful, clear plastic bauble which really does look, and feel like glass and you can fill them and decorate them however you like.
We had fun with the Lavinia printed acetates that fit perfectly inside.
There were lots of fairies ....


Little winter scenes ......


And a few woodland creatures.  I chose the gorgeous stag ......


As you can see there was a little bit of glitter involved ....... lots of iridescent, shredded cello, feathers, and of course fake snow.  


We used pretty paper flowers and leaves, berries, ribbons, and pine cones to decorate the tops.


The worktable looked like it had been in a blizzard by the end of the afternoon, and there was glitter everywhere .... and I mean everywhere!!!  It was so much fun though, and such a busy afternoon that I didn't get chance to take any photos ..... sorry guys, I know, I'm rubbish!!!
You'll just have to take my word for it ...... it was a beautiful collection of baubles at the end of the day and each one was so different.

To finish off the afternoon we also made some quick and easy Christmas tags.  The ones that I've been making for this year's 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends went down very well, especially the little snowman from Day 1, the three tags from Day 11 (I love those too!) and look,  this little chap made another appearance ........ he's my tag for Day 12 of the event


He was actually the favourite of the afternoon.
Simply stamped in black ..... using my MISTI of course ......


Highlights added using a bit of green glitter for the holly leaves, and some red glitter glue for the festive berries ......


A sentiment heat embossed in gold over the top  ......


And a touch of the Midas Gold Nuvo pen for a little added sparkle


He had to have a touch of snow too.

Well, that's the Christmas workshop done for 2018, as always it was a fabulous day .... thanks ladies.
And .... the 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends has come to an end too ..... yes, it was the last one this year ....... sigh!


I've really enjoyed playing along each year with this event ...... and I'm so proud to have been one of Loll's Friends/ Guest Designers for the last 4 events.
So as I link up my final tag ...... I'd like to say a big Thank You to Loll and wish you and all your Friends, and family, the very best holiday season. 
The run up to Christmas has officially started!

Ho! Ho! Ho! 

Hubby thinks I should wait until December before I decorate the Christmas tree ....... so, I put this one up instead ...... I'm calling it my winter tree.


Well I had to make sure the lights worked, and it was a shame to put it back in the box ....... it looks so pretty!! Not sure whether the little man likes it, his reaction was ...... Grandma, where are the leaves? 
Wait until he sees the new Christmas tree ..... that's covered in snow!!!


This is what we brought home with us ..... I just hope it looks like that when I get it out of the box!!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy what's left of your weekend.
I'm going to have to sit on my hands and resist the temptation to get the Christmas decorations out!!

Cheerio until next time ....

6 comments:

Redanne said...

Linda, those baubles are fabulous, it would be worth getting covered in glitter to end up with one of those! Love the snowman tag too! The tree with the snow will look fabulous when you have decorated it... Anne xx

Loll said...

I wish I could be at one of your workshops Linda. You make the most amazing projects. And I bet it is to much fun!! :) Those baubles are so pretty. I love the scenes you've created inside with the snow, stamped acetate and shredded cello. The pretty ribbons and baubles on the top are just icing on the cake. I bet the girls were thrilled to make these and went home VERY happy.

Speaking of happy ... that snowman makes me smile. Love him done in black with a few little metallic highlights. AWESOME design. Thanks again for all your support over the years with the tag event. It's been wonderful!

I love that you already have one tree up and lit. It's time to pull everything out and get the Christmas music playing! xx

Cocofolies said...

Hi Linda!
Seeing your post on my Bloglovin' I couldn't resist to admire your Christmas baubles and say hello! :) Your baubles are wonderful!!!! How busy and thrilled you must have been creating some other ones with lovely ladies attending your workshop. Fantastic!
Good luck (and fun time) with the three giant baubles haha!! :)
Hugs,
Corinne xx

Char said...

Wow! I love it all - the baubles, the tag with my favorite snowman stamp, and your naked tree. Lights just make the tree. Thanks for all the inspiration.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous baubles, tags and Winter tree for your holiday workshop, Linda. TFS You sure do know how to party and create, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Mrs.B said...

Looks like it must have been a great workshop -the baubles look fabulous, and I love the snowman tag. The winter tree looks fabulous and I'm sure you can't wait to get the snowy tree up.
Avril xx