Wednesday 12 December 2018

On the twelfth day of December ....... could this be my final Christmas card for 2018?

Happy Wednesday to you ......

Only 12 days until Christmas ...... ooohh it's getting closer!

And guess what ....... I think I've made it at last ....... my final Christmas card for 2018! I hope it is anyway.


I can relax a little now ....... all my cards are done, written and posted, and I even have a couple of spares. 

I'm linking this one up to the CAS Christmas Challenge ..... they want to see Stars


I stamped the branch (PaperArtsy ELB10) using Distress Oxide inks off the edge of a piece of white card, and added some glitter to give a frosty look


The stars have been die cut from glitter card and they're so sparkly in real life


I attached them onto the card, under the branch, and then used a Stardust Gel Pen to draw in the lines to make them look as though they are hanging from the tree

The sentiment is from Penny Black, and has been stamped using my favourite gold ink ..... Delicata Golden Glitz


And I finished with a sprinkling of Chunky White Embossing Powder to add some falling snow.


And that's it ..... all done! 
I've even managed to do the last of the Christmas shopping, and it's all wrapped, well nearly all of it.  I ran out of wrapping paper yesterday ..... I knew I would!
At least I can go for our weekend away and not have to worry about shopping though.  It's going to be a weekend just for us ...... I can't wait!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off to finish tidying the craft room, then I need to pack. 
Hubby and I are off tomorrow for a nice long weekend in our favourite place in the Cotswolds ...... Bourton on the Water. 
We've never been in the winter before ...... we have sat here in the sunshine though, many times!

(photo from Google)
I'm looking forward to seeing the Christmas tree, apparently they put it in the middle of the river ..... how pretty is that!

(photo from Google)
Hopefully the weather won't be too bad ....... it would be nice to see it like this though

(photo from Google)
Cheerio until next time ......

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love these glittery stars hanging from the pine boughs, Linda! This one's going in my CASE file! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

I'm loving all the glittery gold stars hanging from that pretty branch. A wonderful CAS Card, thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas:)

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous glittery star studded Christmas card, Linda. TFS the photos of where you will be visiting for the weekend. Looks lovely no matter what the weather.
I received your beautiful PB snowman card today, my friend. Thank you so much and it crossed the waters and all the way to our Oregon coast with out a scratch. Amazing, isn't it?!? Happy Holidays, my friend. Nancy

Loll said...

This is so pretty Linda. Love the sparkle you've added to the stamping and those glittery stars. Sweet! So happy you've finished your cards and your shopping. You can now have your get-away weekend and relax knowing you are ready for Christmas. I love the pictures of Bourton on the Water. What a beautiful place. LOVE the bridge! I have Bourton a few times on Escape to the Country ... I'm obsessed with those shows even though they are several years old. :) Have a lovely holiday with your hubby!

xx

Redanne said...

I love your card, it is so beautifully sparkly. I hope you have a lovely weekend away! xx