Wednesday 23 January 2019

CAS Mix Up Challenge ......

Happy Wednesday ......

Brrrr ....... its a chilly one today.  The sun is shining at the moment, but we did have a litle dusting of snow overnight. No need to batten down the hatches just yet though ..... it's all melting where we are!

I'm playing catch up this week, with some of my favourite Blog Challenges.  Time is running out though, so I'd better get on with it. 
First up is ........ the CAS Mix Up Challenge ......  always fun.


As you can see, January's theme is ...... Bokeh
That fabulous photographic technique that is surprisingly easy to create, using a whole variety of products from your craft stash.  Check out the CAS Mix Up Blog for links to some fab videos to follow if you've never tried this technique before.

I suppose I've cheated a little on this one ..... I've used a Designer paper (not something I use very often!) that already had a beautiful Bokeh design on it ......

 

The paper is from Stamping Up! I think, and it's so pretty. 
I simply covered the bottom section of a 7x5 inch cardblank with a piece of the paper .......


I then die cut a fancy edge across a piece of white card and attached it over the top

The sentiment is from Inkylicious ..... stamped in Gold metallic ink


And I finished off with a few sequins ......


Very CAS ....... I've used the Bokeh element, rubber stamping and my choice is the sequins.  That's one done!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I will be back later with another Blog Challenge entry, but first I have to finish the mountain of washing and ironing from the weekend ....... such a glamorous life!  We were only away for two nights, why I'm on my third load of washing, who knows!

We did have a lovely time though.  The wedding venue was perfect ...... this was the view from our bedroom window, the morning after the wedding ..... everywhere white over with a heavy frost


  It was so nice to have the whole family together for such a happy occasion.


Hopefully when I sort through the photos ..... although I didn't take that many ...... I'll have a few more to share with you.

Cheerio until next time .....

5 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

fun way to use your DP, love the sentiment in centre stage :)

Bonnie said...

Love that decorative border and the elegant gold sentiment, Linda! You've matched the sequins to the Bokeh paper perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

How clever to use Bokeh DSP for your CAS Mix Up card challenge card. TFS and playing along with us. Hugs...Nancy

Jo said...

What a beautiful wedding card. I wondered how it was done, now I know the secret ;) This card design looks so professional and it is so!
Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xx

Loll said...

Beautiful card Linda. Love teh design with the curved border and gold embossed sentiment. xx