Friday 18 January 2019

Smile ....... it's time to get those stencils out

Yes, it's me again ....... Happy Friday evening

This is a scheduled post, as I'm currently sat at the airport waiting to board a plane.  At least I hope I am ...... unless the weather has taken a real turn for the worse.

I know some places in the UK have had snow.  And whilst I'm typing this (lunchtime Friday) I believe snow is falling here up on the mountains.  The TT course apparently is quite treacherous.
Where I am it's cold, it windy and it's raining ...... lets hope that it doesn't get any worse,  we need to get off the island ....... we have a wedding to go to tomorrow!

It's time now though for a little reminder for the new CAS Stencil Challenge ...... have you played along yet?  Don't worry there's still time to join in.


All you have to do is create a card in the Clean and Simple style, using stencils.  You also need to follow the theme each month, which will be based on either a technique or a particular product.

This month the challenge is hosted by Loll, and we have a nice easy theme for you ....... one of the basic stenciling techniques ...... Sponging




I've used one of the brand new stencil designs from Sweet Poppy Stencils ...... the gorgeous Sunburst


I simply sponged shades of blue and green Distress Inks through the design onto a piece of white card.  The stencil is a nice large design but, you don't always have to use it all,  You can see above that I've gone over the edges of my card, keeping the design to one corner.


I die cut the centre circle and added a die cut stitched frame around the edge.

On the circle cut from the centre I stamped my little monster (Concord & 9th's Monster Love) and coloured him using Distress Ink and a little water .......


If you like the look of the die cut sentiment ...... you'll have to wait a little while longer (sorry!)  I'm teasing you with something that is hopefully coming in March from Sweet Poppy ..... watch this space!


I love it cut in the sparkly glitter card don't you!  I've layered it up a little with plain white ones just to give it a bit of dimension.

Don't just keep your stencils for the front of your cards .... why not add some of the design inside


Check out the CAS Stencil Blog Challenge for more Sponging inspiration from the rest of the DT.  On there you'll also find all the challenge details, rules etc.  There's also some great links on there, to videos showing how to use the sponging technique if you're not familiar with it.

Happy stenciling!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the weekend. And if it's snowing where you are ..... stay warm and cosy.  We're back on the island on Sunday ...... unless we get snowed in whilst we're in the UK!!!

Cheerio until next time .....

12 comments:

nancy littrell said...

TFS your wonderful sponged new Sunburst stencil, Linda. Adding an aperture window for your monster critter was a fun idea. Your glittery die cut sentiment is perfect with your CAS design.

Hope you get off the island for the wedding. Better to be stranded in the UK:-) Hugs..Nancy

Brenda in IN said...

Your sunburst is so colorful in the blue and green. The little monster is adorable and looks so fun inside the sunburst. I hope you have great weather for the wedding and get home safely.

Julia Aston said...

I love the colors you used on your sunburst stencil Linda - and that cute monster peeking out of the raised stitched frame circle! You can't help but smile even if you weren't reading the sentiment!! Love how you did some stencil inside the card too! Hope you made it to the wedding! We're expecting a blizzard to hit here Sat night in New England!

Cathy said...

Such a fun card Linda, love the starburst stencilling and great design tip to have it going over the edge. That little monster is adorable too! Have fun at your wedding and a safe trip, Cathy x

Loll said...

Adorable card Linda! LOVE the stencil, especially with the green and blue. Adding the bright blue frame to the circle really draws the eye to your cute monster. :) Who knew monster's could be cute??!! Great card!

Have a save trip, enjoy the wedding, and then a safe trip back to the island. I WISH we had snow. None this year ... just lots of rain and wind. I miss the white stuff! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, I love the effect from that stencil on your cute card :) it's on my wish list for my next visit to the UK.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Absolutely gorgeous and fun! I love that put it inside too:)

Mac Mable said...

Hope you got off the island and that you are having a fabulous time in the wedding? Such a fun card, love the image and that wonderful new stencil and those pretty colours x

Redanne said...

Love how you used the stencil and the little monster image is just adorable. Hope you are having a lovely time away! Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

I am loving this stencil, Linda! The colors blending from lime to blue are so pleasing and I love the framed aperture and that sweet monster!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute card...love the look.
:) Karen

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Cool birthday card Linda! Love "Insicer cards" :-)

Hugs & Greetings from Wiebke