Friday 8 February 2019

Follow Your Art for the Craft Stamper Blog challenge .......

Happy Friday folks .........

This is the first of two posts today.
Are you looking forward to the weekend?  I know I am ...... we've got a clear diary this weekend, that doesn't happen very often!  We've nowhere to go, nothing needs to be done, we can just relax and do whatever we like ..... perfect! Just as well really as hubby is still suffering a little.
We have got the little man on Saturday night.  Pizza and a movie I think .... sounds good to me.

Before all that though, it's time to remind you of this month's Craft Stamper Take It Make It challenge. There's still plenty of time to play along.
As always the theme is Anything Goes ...... just remember to include some actual rubber stamping on your project, and you're good to go!

Here's a little inspiration for you.
This stamp from IndigoBlu has been sat on my NBUS mountain (Never Before Used Stuff) for ages.  I love it, and I'm so glad I finally inked it up and used it.


It's called Art Gives You Wings and it's full of amazing detail ..... I love this collage look


I simply stamped it onto a piece of what I call my mop up card, out of my bit box.  This one is a piece of watercolour card that I've used to 'mop up' bits of Distress Oxides left on my craft mat from previous projects ..... it's a shame to waste all that gorgeous ink! 
I've always got bits of cardstock on my desk so I use these instead of paper towels or wipes to clean my craft mat.  I just keep going with the same piece of card until I'm happy with the results. You get some great background pieces, without even trying!


I stamped the image using Black Versafine Clair and then heat embossed with a clear powder .... job done!
I did use gel pens to highlight the paint brushes, and I brushed over those amazing wings with a clear Wink of Stella pen to add a touch of shimmer ...... not sure you can see it that well in the photo but trust me, it's there


The sentiment is from Stampendous .... stamped and heat embossed in gold, then die cut and attached using foam pads


I finished off by adding some ink splatters onto the background piece, before matting and layering to frame the artwork.


As always with the Craft Stamper challenges, there's TWO prizes up for grabs. 
First we have a Design Winner ........ chosen by the Design Team from all the eligible entries.  We all vote on our Top 3 and the entry with the most votes wins!
The prize for this is a double page spread in the Craft Stamper magazine, a Guest Designer spot and a winner's profile.  What better way of getting your artwork noticed.

We also have a Challenge Winner, this time chosen at random from all the eligible entries.  They receive the Blog Challenge Prize, which this month is one of the brand new Sizzix Dies from Tim Holtz .....


Check out all the Challenge rules and guidelines on the Craft Stamper Blog.  You'll find more fabulous inspiration over there too .......... Happy Stamping!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend.
I'll be back again very soon with the second post of the day.

Cheerio until then ......

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love this stamp, Linda! Your "mopped up" background is perfect for the collage look! Artsy and classy!

Redanne said...

Isn't it wonderful how mopped up ink can look so fabulous! The collage stamp is gorgeous and looks beautiful against your background and I love the bold sentiment. Anne xx