Friday 8 February 2019

Uniko February Release ...... DAY 3 Introducing the latest Background Block .... Graffiti Texture

Hello again ......

You can't get rid of me this morning ..... sorry.
We've had a little reminder for the Craft Stamper Challenge on the previous post, and now it's Day 3 of Introductions for the new February release from Uniko.

This is a fab little stamp to have in your collection ....... the latest addition to the Background Blocks series ..... Graffiti Texture (I shouldn't say it but, this is one of my favourites!)




Stamps like these are so useful for creating backgrounds, or adding detail and texture to your projects.  Change the colour of ink you use and the design can look so different.
I think the stamp looks quite masculine ..... great for teenagers too.  But, add a splash of pretty colour in there and it takes on a more feminie look ..... what do you think?


I took a piece of that 'mop up' card  again ........ you know, something that I've used to mop up any excess ink left on my craft mat ....... don't waste it!

I simply stamped the Graffiti Texture over the top using Black Versafine ink ..... stamping it twice to cover the whole piece of card.


Even though I've used a black ink there's still enough of the colour showing through.

I chose two colours of matching Distress Oxides and swiped the inkpads directly onto a piece of watercolour card.  I then used a damp baby wipe to blend the colours together and give a nice soft look


Using the brand new Happy dies from this release, I cut the word from a piece of white cardstock and again from the coloured card.  I cut the shadow from black and then layered them all together


attaching them to my card front with foam pads.

I finished the sentiment with one of the words from the new BIG & BOLD Happy stamp set


and added a few dots of Clear Crystal Glaze .....


There's still more to come from the February release ..... more gorgeous stamps, maybe more dies,  and a nice little surprise.   How's your shopping list coming along?

Thanks for popping by ..... again! I'll be back tomorrow with more goodies for you.

Cheerio until next time ......

14 comments:

Jane said...

Love your mop up background colours and thanks for the great tip about blending the sentiment colours.

Julie B said...

Love the soft inking under the stamping and the matching die cut happy, perfect as you say for a teen. :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

oooh! Yummy! I NEED to try that baby wipe technique ... I wondered how you'd got the blending so delicate and seamless. Great to see there's someone else keeps hold of the 'mop up' pieces. You'd never know it wasn't created just for this card. Simply FAB-U-LOUS! x

MortiCraft said...

This is a great stamp! You've used a lovely colour combo. x

Craftyfield said...

My favourite too (the Graffiti Texture)! The ombre die-cut looks fabulous!

Karthikha said...

What an awesome card! Fabulous blending of colors, thanks for the tip of using baby wipes! Definitely need to try it out :) And it's always great to make cards out of scraps, and this background is perfect! :)

Izzy Scrap said...

Fabulous, Linda ! Thanks for the two great tips : mop up background and baby wipe technique, and what a gorgeous result ! You're totally right, this stamp set is a Must have in our stash ! Hugs x

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful effect and love that stamp Linda :)

cm said...

A cool set of techniques = one absolutely lovely card! Feminine or masculine: this stamp fits everyone, wonderfully!
hugs~carol

Jackie Elliott said...

Great card, I love this stamp and think it's going to be great for men/boy cards.

New Creations said...

A perfect card with lots of textures and bold happy goes so perfectly!

Radhika said...

Love this card.. love the combo graffiti bg and bold sentiment. .superb :)

Lindsey said...

Just up my street with a slightly grungey feel. Great colour combo x

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Linda, this card is stunning! The colour combo is just amazing! Tt's definitly out of my own working-range, cause I can't craft with pinks and purples very good - they have an own kind of live and I can't control them! But you have this skill! Am I jealous? Yes a bit! Or a bit more ;-) But I love and enjoy watching beautiful cards on other blogs!

Have a great day! Hugs & Greetings from Wiebke (DT)