Monday 4 March 2019

Celebrate today! ........ it's the CAS Stencil Challenge

Happy Monday .......

I hope you all had a good weekend. 
The weather's changed again here .... it's cold!  And we had snow yesterday ..... what was all that about!!?  We also had a family gathering for Sunday lunch which was nice.

No snow today though ...... well not where we are anyway.  Let's hope it stays that way.

It's time to get this month's CAS Stencil Challenge underway. 
Our host for March is the lovely Julia, and she has a great technique for you to use with your stencils. Have you tried ....... Ghosting?


Ghosting is a real fun technique to use, where you start by colouring a panel of cardstock using inks, or paints etc., place your stencil over the top, and then use a wet wipe or a damp cloth over the stencil to remove some of the colour, leaving a 'ghost' of the stencil design ...... cool or what!

If you've never tried this before, check out the CAS Stencil Challenge blog where you'll find links to a couple of great, easy to follow, video tutorials, and then give it a go!
Just remember to keep your cards Clean And Simple!

I've used a PaperArtsy stencil for my design (PS107), to create this pretty floral background.


I blended Distress Oxide inks onto a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock ....... Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry



Placed the pretty floral stencil over the top, and then used a damp baby wipe to remove the ink

I cut a piece of white cardstock to fit the front of my cardblank, die cut a partial circle from it and then placed my stenciled panel behind, using foam pads to give a bit of dimension.


I die cut the flower three times from plain white cardstock, using one of the new Wildflower Stems #1 from Tim Holtz.  I then layered these together and added a touch of colour to the top layer using one of the pink Oxides inks


I attached the flower across the circle, added a few dots of glitter glue here and there and a simple sentiment



We have a fabulous Guest Designer on the challenge his month ..... the lovely Ishani (Quillish) is joining us so please pop over and say Hi! And don'f forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team have been creating.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Did I mention it's my birthday tomorrow.  I shall be 29 ...... again!
OK  ...... who am I kidding!?  I've lost count how many 29th birthdays I've had!  Let's just say, I'm old enough to know better, but still young enough to get away with it!

I'm off out tomorrow ...... a spot of birthday shopping in town, and a nice lunch out with hubby and the kids. Then in the evening we're meeting up with some friends, and we're off for a night at the theatre, to see Les Miserables.  Looking forward to that.


Cheerio until next time ......

17 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Linda! and how wonderful that you will be going to see Les Mis! I love the colors you used on your stenciled background, the partial circle cut out and the softest touch of pink on your lovely floral die cut! xx

Loll said...

I LOVE your card Linda!! The sponging of the two shades of pink are so pretty and worked well with your stencil and baby wipe to create a beautiful ghostded design. The off the edge circle aperture is so fun and your gorgeous die-cut flower is a perfect fit. Great work, my friend.

Enjoy your birthday! What a great day you have planned. Enjoy time with family and friends and the wonderul show! Will be thinking of you! xx

Squdge said...

Happy birthday! Enjoy Les Mis. Its my favourite show, I am very jealous.

Lovely card as always hun. I really need to try this technique .

Christine Alexander said...

Happy Birthday Linda, we've all been 29 more times than we'd like to remember:)
Wonderful card, love your circle window and the touch of pink on your flower. Great ghosting technique :)

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card birthday girl! I have just bought that die set...I feel inspired!
Have a brilliant day!

!neke said...

A real beauty Linda !

Izzy Scrap said...

First, Happy Birthday ! I LOVE your card, it is so delicate with this soft pink blending and the ghosting technique. Beautiful design too with this lovely dimensional flower.
Enjoy Les Misérables ! Hugs x

Bonnie said...

Love your flower against the ghosted stenciling and the offset circle! Gorgeous! Les Mis is my favorite play. Enjoy, and happy birthday!

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Linda, love the design with the offset circle. Happy Birthday, hope you've had a lovely day.
Avril xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Happy birthday Linda, and what a gorgeous card, love the soft ghosting background to display your fabulous triple diecut flower... and the offset circle finish is brilliant. Enjoy your day and the theatre

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Linda. Love the delicate ghosting and shades of pink. I like how you offset the circle and the die-cut is beautiful.

nancy littrell said...

Happy Birthday...again, Linda. I knew you would have a special day of celebrating:-) I Love your beautiful ghosted stencil flower background for your pretty die cut flower. Adding small dots of glitter glue was such a pretty touch. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card Linda, love the design and the stencilled background really pops against the crisp white. Have a wonderful birthday, sounds like a fun day, Cathy x

Mac Mable said...

Happy belated birthday and hope the theatre trip was fabulous? x.
What a pretty card. The technique looks striking and love the layering of the die cut flower. One unique and gorgeous card x.

Redanne said...

A really gorgeous card Linda, I love the soft pink and the design is wonderful! AI hope you had a very happy birthday and wishing you a lovely weekend! Loving your beautiful blog header too! Hugs, Anne xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Happy belated birthday, Linda! I hope you had a wonderful day with your family and friends. Les Mis is my favorite musical.
Your card is so pretty! I love the soft and lovely colors and the ghosting effect of the background. The die-cut white wild flower really pops. Great design.
Hideko xx

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful colors blended together for your background and a lovely die cut flower.