Tuesday 6 August 2019

More festive fun with Sweet Poppy Stencils .....

Happy Tuesday ........

I hope your week has got off to a good start.

Did you see Lucy on the TV last week with some of the new Christmas designs from Sweet Poppy Stencils?  I know it's a little early for some of you to be thinking about the festive season but, things sold fast so some of you are getting into the Christmas spirit!

You saw some of my show samples on here last week, now here's the rest of them .......


I love the new Post Box stencil .......  great to use with inks.  Goes so well with the Holly Back Plate design too, for a really festive look.


Add a little sparkly glitter and a sprinkling of Chunky White Embossing Powder for a real snowy feel


I finished off with my card with one of the sentiments from the new stamp set .....


 The Post Box is such a great sized stencil, you don't really need anything else on your cards ......


Glossy White Paste and the gorgeous Sweet Poppy glitters .....


I added just a little bit of ink in the background, and sprinkled the Chunky White Embossing Powder again


And a festive sentiment to finish off  and you're done!
Those cute little holly leaves come in the sentiment stamp set ....... how useful are they going to be!!


Speaking of the sentiments, the circle ones in the set fit perfectly in any of the Sweet Poppy wreath stencils that you may have in your collection .......


And finally we have the Christmas Pudding ....... 


Again, a great size and such a fun design.  Perfect for using with the glitters and the gorgeous glass micro beads for added texture


I love Christmas pud don't you ..... although ours never gets eaten on Chrismtas Day!!!

Speaking of food, I had a lovely day out yesterday with Lauren and Alex.  We went up to the North of the island ..... all the way to Ramsey! and had afternoon tea at Milntown (very posh!)
It was one of my birthday gifts that I'd been saving ..... thanks Carol ...... it was deee-licious!!

On the way up there we came across some more Wallabies Gone Wild ....... yes, I'm still keeping my eyes open for these.  I think there's only a few weeks left to see them all now.


We  drove up over the mountain and stopped off at the Bungalow (top left). 
On into Ramsey town centre for a spot of retail therapy (top right) ..... well it would have been rude not to pop in to my favourite shops up there, and I did need to look for a special birthday gift. Maybe I didn't really need the new dress but ....... it was my size!!!
We did a quick stop off at Mooragh Park (bottom left), and also called at the Wildlife Park (bottom right) before heading home. 

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day
Hubby and I are off out this evening.  It's twelve months since our favourite little restaurant opened it's doors, and they're celebrating their first birthday with a special menu.
Roy ..... the chef behind the delicious food, and Anne who certainly knows her fine wines, have done an amazing job, making it one of the most popular places to be. I'm looking forward to a lovely evening.
Happy 1st Birthday Wine Down!  
 
Cheerio until next time ....... 


Products used:
Stencils: Post Box, Holly Back Plate, Holly Wreath, Christmas Pudding stencils (Sweet Poppy)
Stamps: Christmas Blessings (Sweet Poppy)
Inks: Distress Oxides - Festive Berries, Black Soot, Gathered Twigs, Stormy Sky, Peeled Paint: Delicata Golden Glitz; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Other: Nesting Tag Dies (Sweet Poppy); Glossy White stencil paste; Green and Red Glitters, Crystalina Glitter, Black Glitter, Brown Ultra Fine Glass Micro Beads (Sweet Poppy); Red Glitter Glue

2 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

thanks for the wonderful inspiration, lining up my order now :)

Mrs.B said...

Wonderful samples Linda, the post box looks lovely with the snow sceen. Love the wreath - looks fabulous in black and white.
Avril xx