Sunday 18 August 2019

There's still time to play along with the CAS Stencil challenge .......

Happy Sunday .........

I hope you're enjoying your weekend. 
I've got a little reminder for you of this months CAS Stencil challenge.


Robyn is hosting the challenge this month and she wants us to use ......... Sprays.  Another fun way of using our stencils.
There's a couple of links on this month's challenge post to videos with some great tips for using this technique.


It's a great way of making backgrounds, like I've done here for my Oddball Turtle (I love this little guy!).
I used a simple brickwall stencil, and Distress Oxide Spray.  I love the look of texture you can get from these sprays just by altering how you actually spray them ........ press the spray hard and you get lots of ink, and great coverage, half press the spray and you get a finer mist that creates this great look of texture ..... 


I die cut a circle from a piece of white card, off setting the die over the edge.  I then placed the brick wall background behind, and attached it to the front of my cardblank.

I stamped the turtle onto a piece of white card, used ZIG Brush Markers to colour him,  and then cut him out using the matching die ......


I doodled a few white dots onto his shell, and then attached him to my card using a wobbler.  These little plastic springs add a bit of dimension to your die cuts and also give them a bit of movement when you touch them, they're great fun to use.



To finish off I added the sentiment which comes with the turtle ......


We've got a couple of Guest Designers on the challenge this month ....... Hilary and Amy are joining in the fun so please pop by and say hello.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I've been busy in the craft room most of the day.  I decided to give it a good tidy and have a change around.  Not the best idea I've had this weekend ...... it's anything but tidy now!!!  Let's just call it a work in progress shall we.

Cheerio until next time .....



Products used:
Stamps: Oddball Turtle (Stamping Bella)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Distress Oxide Spray - Fossilised Amber
Stencils: Brickwall stencil
Others: Stitched circle die; ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers; Oddball Turtle Die (Stamping Bella)

7 comments:

Viv said...

This really brought a smile to my face Linda! He's a real cute turtle- great card! (And now you've had a tidy up you know you won't be able to find anything don't you?)!

Julia Aston said...

This is so fun Linda! love your turtle who is so wonderfully colored! and that sprayed brick wall looks great behind him framed in the circle! xx

Robyn Oliver said...

I just love your wobbly turtle card Linda, your design is fantastic with the offset circle, the spray/stenciled brickwork and that wonderful sentiment perfect for adorable turtle...thanks so much for having fun with sprays this month, hugs Robyn

Loll said...

This is so adorable Linda! I LOVE that turtle ... I think it's the eyes. :) Fabulous stenciled background with the brick stencil. Great design with the off-the-edge circle. What a fun addition of the wobbler that adds a surprise element to the card! xx

Bonnie said...

Love the texture and crisp lines of your bricks, Linda! That turtle is adorable!

Brenda in IN said...

Great brick wall and design. That turtle is adorable and the sentiment is wonderful.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous CAS design Linda, this little turtle is so cute, and beautifully coloured. Love the brickwork, lovely texture from the sprays and That sentiment is perfect! Cathy x