Tuesday 20 August 2019

Merry and Bright ........

Happy Tuesday ........

OK ...... next time I have the bright idea of changing my craft room around, will someone please stop me!!!!  I only wanted to move the tables and now it's turning into a major operation.  I've even been looking at the possibility of new furniture!!

Of course to move the tables around, everything had to come off them. Not a problem, there was plenty of room to put it, all organised, on the floor and still be able to move around.  That was the easy bit!! 
Putting it all back once the tables had been moved, now that's a different matter.
As I was moving everything I thought I would tidy/clear out as I was going along ...... made sense.
After a few deep breaths some old, very dry ink pads finally went in the bin (gasp!), my box of card bits had a clear out (oh no! I'll probably need that tiny piece of designer paper now ..... after all, it had only been in there FOR EVER!!) and I'm now having a re-think about my die storage!  Well .... that's the rest of my week sorted!

Before all the chaos started I did find time to play with some of the NBUS (Never Before Used Stuff!) that has been mounting up recently in the craft room. Some of which is perfect for playing along with this month's CAS Christmas challenge ......


I must confess Christmas cards are not high on my to do list at the moment ......... I've got a holiday to go on yet! 
However, this pretty die from Crafter's Companion did catch my eye ...... it's called Decadent Snowflakes from the Gemini Create-a-Card range ........ isn't it pretty! Great for quick and easy festive designs too!


It's a beautifully detailed panel ..... which by the way, cut's like a dream through my Gemini machine.

I simply cut it from plain white card stock, trimmed it around the edge and then layerd it over a piece of card I'd found in my bits box.  I think it was possibly a mop up piece, coloured with Brusho ..... just what I was looking for.


I used a glue pen over each of the snowflakes, and then sprinkled with fine crystal glitter ..... it took a little bit of time to do, but it was worth it, it's so sparkly in real life!


A simple sentiment is all it needed to finish off


Stamped in a blue shimmer ink, and then heat embossed with a sparkly powder.

Well that's one Christmas card done!

Thank you for popping by ...... have a lovely day.
It's back to the 'tidying up' for me ...... well, I'm actually going to be packing my craft bag ready for tomorrow.  One of my lovely crafty friends had a birthday yesterday ....... Happy Belated Birthday Carol! 
We're keeping the celebrations going with a crafty get together/birthday bash tomorrow, and we've decided it's about time we had a play with our Gelli Plates which should be fun.  And of course, there will be cake!
Now I just need to figure out what I need to take with me.

You can also find me on the Uniko Blog today with a little DT inspiration.  Nothing festive going on there ....... although I suppose it could be, in different colours!   Why not pop over and take a look.


Cheerio until next time ......


Products used:
Stamps: Merry & Bright was a freebie with a magazine some time ago
Inks: Delicata pigment ink pad - Sapphire Blue; 
Other: Decadent Snowflakes Create-a-Card Die (Crafters Companion); Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing Powder - WOW!; Quickie Glue Pen; Ultrafine Crystal Glitter

10 comments:

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous die and card, Linda. You’ve showed it off brilliantly. No surprise, I love the colour (blue is my fav). Hope you have a fun crafty get together with Carol and good luck with the craft room clean-up. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

Bonnie said...

These snowflakes are so delicate and dainty, Linda! I love how you've sparkled them up and put them on the soft blue background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! Good luck on your reorganization! It always seems like one thing leads to another....

Darnell said...

Oh, no, the ol' domino effect in action in your craft room!! Been there, done that! Still, once your dominoes stop falling, Linda, you will love what you've done! And I love what you've done with your beautiful glittery snowflake card! Good job using your NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Linda. I can't believe you used a glue pen to add the glitter to your detailed die cut, it must have taken ages. Your brusho background is perfect for the sparkly snowflakes :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Susan said...

Definitely worth the effort to use the glue pen over all the intricate bits of that die - the sparkle is wonderful! And the blue background is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Loll said...

LOVE that gorgeous snowflake die, Linda. Looks perfect over your coloured background from your stash. Don't you just love when that happens?? I bet the crystal glitter looks amazing IRL.

It's hard to just do part of a re-org when it comes to craft studios ... at least that's what I find. I end up in a mess whenever it take on some "small" project. :) Keeps me out of trouble and more organized, but takes up a lot of precious creating time. Hope the rest of your sort goes quickly and smoothly. New furniture is always fun!! :) xx

Anita in France said...

Delicate and so lovely, Linda ... puts me in mind of dainty frost on a window ... gorgeous! Happy re-organising, it's always very cathartic! Anita :)

Greta said...

Oh how beautiful! I can see why you wanted that die & I might "need" it, too!

Words and Pictures said...

I just love your icy Christmas card design - that intricate die is a delight. Your tales of craft room organisation made me groan in sympathy. I'm due to move house (to another country) soon, and the notion of packing it all up and starting again makes me break out in a sweat... good luck with the rest of the re-organisation!
Alison x

Mrs.B said...

Popping over on a catch up and thought I'd commented here?? (Computer problems for the last week) I love the sparkly effect on the snowflakes, well worth the effort, it's a fabulous card. Hope you've got the craft room re-organised now.
Avril xx