Wednesday 11 September 2019

A date for your diary .......

Happy Wednesday ......

What a gorgoeus day it is here ..... blue skies, sunshine and it's warm.  Looks like summer is hanging around for a little while longer.  Fingers crossed it lasts over the weekend ..... it's the Isle of Man Food and Drink Festival this week .... whoo hoo!! ..... my favourite event. 
Along with Lobsterfest that's also on at the moment at two of the islands best fish restaurants, The Boatyard in Peel and Tanroagan in Douglas, it's foodie heaven ...... Yum!!

However, that's not the date for your diary.  Oh no ....... more important than all that, Sweet Poppy Stencils are back on our TV screens next week.
The lovely Lucy is back on Hochanda (Sky channel 673/Freesat 817/Freeview 85) on Tuesday 17th September.  I think the shows are 10am and 2pm.
There's a little bit of everything on these shows, with some old favourites from the stencil range. 
I believe the Dragon stamps are back too, so if you missed out last time be quick if you want to get your hands on him.

As always, Lucy will be demonstrating how to get the most from your Sweet Poppy products with some fab tips and techniques so be sure to tune in.   There'll be lots of gorgeous samples from the Design Team too.

Here's one of the stencil designs from the shows ...... the beautiful Wall of Poppies


This is such a pretty stencil.  Just think of all the different colours you could use for these flowers, they don't always have to be poppies.

They're definitely poppies here though ....... I've created a simple card with a matching gift tag using just a red and a green ink.


I brushed the inks through the stencil onto a piece of plain white cardstock .....


I added a shimmery outline to all the petals using a Stardust Gel Pen, and finished off the flowers with a few drops of Black Enamel Accents in the centres


A few dots using the Gel Pen again add a little more shimmer to the background.

I did exactly the same for the matching tag .....


and finished both with a simple sentiment ....



Same stencil ..... with a different look ......


Classic black ink this time, over a piece of coloured cardstock from my stash. 


I want to say that this was coloured using Brushos and Glazing Medium but don't hold me to that.  I did a good old rummage through my bits box and found this towards the bottom.  I thought the bright colours would be perfect to show off the black stenciling.


White Enamel Accents this time and more of that Stardust Gel Pen.


I'll be back later in the week with some more of my show samples ..... something a little bit festive maybe.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .....


Products used:
Stencils:  Wall of Poppies (Sweet Poppy Stencils)
Stamps: Just to Say (Sweet Poppy)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Spectrum Noir Harmony Opaque Pigment Inks - Chinese Red, Grasshopper (Crafter's Companion)
Other: Stardust Gel Pen;  Black and White Enamel Accents (Ranger)

3 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, those poppies are delightful - I love the fresh simplicity of the red on white, and the ombre sunset background is amazing.
Alison x

Redanne said...

Linda, the red poppies are gorgeous and I didn't think anything could top that but those black ones - wow, they look amazing. The way you mounted it is so striking too. I am really looking forward to the shows, I am a little partial to a dragon, or two! Anne xx

Loll said...

Beautiful cards using that gorgeous poppy stencil, Linda. Love the classic red poppies with the gold accents. Very elegant! And your fun stripey backgroudn with the black silhouette is awesome!

Have a great week with all the fantastic food events --- yummy!! xx