Friday 13 September 2019

A few more samples for the Sweet Poppy Stencil shows ......

Happy Friday 13th ........

Well, so far so good.  The sun is shining, I was up on time, haven't broken anything .... yet!  Superstitious? Who me? ...... I'll let you know later!  I haven't been in the craft room yet. 

It's been a busy old week in there, and I'm so looking forward to the weekend.  And then three weeks tomorrow, we're off on our travels again .... yeah!! I'm not counting the days just yet ....... honest!

I've got a few more of my TV samples to share with you today, done for the Sweet Poppy Stencil shows next Tuesday (Sept 17th) on Hochanda.
Let's get into the Christmas spirit shall we ........ no not the gin!  Coffee's good for now, you might want to grab a cup before we start.

So ...... Christmas ...... only 102 days to go!!!  Like I said, we've got a holiday to come yet so I haven't even started planning for the festive season, not really.
I've got a few ideas for my Christmas cards, no idea what to buy for presents, and I haven't got a clue who's coming for Christmas dinner.  I will be buying the Christmas pudding tomorrow though, that's one of the reasons for going to the Food Festival.

If you're like me, and haven't started your Christmas cards, then maybe these will give you a little inspiration.
Sweet Poppy have some gorgeous Christmas stencil, and stamp, designs and you can make some beautiful, easy to do, CAS cards ..... always good when batch making!

The Snowflake Tree is gorgeous.  It's a great size, just add a sentiment and you're done.  Use it with inks or paints, or like I've done here with the Glossy White Stencil Paste sprinkled with sparkly Crystalina Glitter ......


The detail in this stencil is so pretty .....


You can always add more embellishments or a touch of colour.  I dotted a little Glitter Glue here and there, and then added an extra snowflake to the centre ....


I masked off  just one of the snowflakes from the tree and used the white paste again, this time sprinkling with a different colour of glitter.  Once it was completely dry I simply used a circle punch to cut around it, and edged the card with a gold pen.

A simple sentiment on the bottom gives a classic, elegant look


Another of the festive stencils on the show is ...... 'Tis the Season
This is a great 3 in 1 design.  You get a bunch of mistletoe ..... very festive.  The sentiment ..... 'Tis the Season ...... there's even a Falalalala too.  And there's also a pretty decorative frame.
Obviously you can use the stencil as a whole but, I've used just parts of it for my CAS cards.

The mistletoe ..... mwah!


Glossy White stencil paste (just mask off the bits that you don't need first) sprinkled with glitters whilst the paste was still wet ....


Once the paste was dry I added white liquid pearl drops for the berries, a festive red bow at the top, and a classic sentiment underneath.


'Tis the Season .......


White paste again, then glitter, and then cut down to size once it was dry


I used the holly stamps from the Joy & Peace set, to stamp the panel behind, inking along the edges with a red Distress Oxide ink


The added holly leaves were cut using the cute little Sweet Poppy Holly Trio die, and I finished off with red glitter glue for the berries ..... very festive!


Use the sentiment and the mistletoe together ......


I used the Glossy White paste again, and the glitters, only this time I used the sentiment to decorate the outer frame ......


I also created a couple of cute little gift tags ..... cut using the Sweet Poppy Nesting Bauble Die


This is a great way of using up all those gorgeous scraps of card that we all like to keep, and lets face it, we all need tags at Christmas!

Tune in on Tuesday 17th September ........ 10am and 2pm on Hochanda (Sky Channel 673/Freesat 817/Freeview 85) for more ideas and inspiration.
.
Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend. 
I hope your Friday13th is a good one.

Cheerio until next time .......

Products used:
Stencils: Snowflake Tree, 'Tis the Season (Sweet Poppy)
Inks: Delicata Golden Glitz; Harmony Opaque Pigment Ink - Grasshopper (Crafter's Companion); Festive Berries Distress Oxide ink
Stamps: Noel, Joy & Peace clear stamp sets (Sweet Poppy)
Others: Holly Trio Die, Nesting Bauble Die; Glossy White Stencil Paste, Crystalina Fine Glitter (Sweet Poppy); Moss Green, Soft Gold Glitters (Sweet Poppy); Platinum and Red Glitter Glue; Gold Pen; Liquid Pearls; Red Satin Ribbon

3 comments:

Viv said...

Loving these lovely examples Linda! (Desperate for the Mistletoe!!!) x

Loll said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Linda! LOVE those fantastic stencils. Especially love the gorgeous ornate tree done in white with glitter and gold accents. Wowsers! xx

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful bevy of Christmas cards, Linda! Love how you've added sparkle and each layout is different and amazing!