Sunday 1 September 2019

OMG!!! It's September .........

Happy Sunday ......

And Hello September!


August seems a bit of blur it went by so fast. 
Hopefully I can catch my breath a little now.  Our summer is almost over, the school holidays are coming to a close and ... its only 5 weeks before we go away on holiday ..... whoo hoo!!
I'm looking forward to some nice October sunshine in beautiful Santorini.

I've been a bit quiet here on the blog recently ........ no excuses, just life getting in the way. 
We've been busy with family and friends ....... the BBQ has had some use which means I wasn't doing the cooking! 
Friday night I was treated to dinner and a show again.  Our usual eating place, followed by the Gaiety theatre to see Whitney - Queen of the Night


What an amazing show!! Brought back a few memories.

My crafty pals and I have had a couple of craft get togethers too.  Remember I mentioned we were getting together to celebate a birthday, with a gelli plate session .... well, that was great fun.  Inspired by the lovely Tracey Dutton from Lavinia we were all armed with brayers, inks and Brushos.  I don't think anyone actually finished anything but .... we all ended up with lots of fabulous backgrounds, and each one was so different. 
Here's a few of mine ..... pretty basic but it's a start.


I bought the small 3x5 inch gel plate at Port Sunlight back in May, I thought it was time it had an outing. 
I used Versafine Clair inks along with Brushos and a little water to create some simple backgrounds


Believe it or not, I've never got the hang of using a brayer, but Tracey makes it look so easy and  I think by adding the Brushos you can hide bits that you're not happy with.

This one was done using a Tim Holtz stencil ....... inked the gel plate with one colour of ink, placed the stencil down and inked over the top using a different colour, so pretty and so easy!


I did get some stamps out too ...... this might just end up on a card at some point


I added a little more Brusho to the pods and then Crystal Glaze over the top, finished off with lots of sparkle


I think we all decided that we need to use our Gelli Plates more.

Something else that I had fun with last week was Art Journaling. 
One of the ladies from our little group ran a workshop teaching us where to start and it was fab!  Again all the results were different even though we were all using the same techniques .... I loved it!!

Art Journaling is something I've dabbled a little bit with before but,  I've never been that confident with the results .... until now. 

 
You'll have to wait until the end of the week to see this in full!!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your weekend.
A new month means new blog challenges so, I'll be seeing you all again soon.

Cheerio until then ......

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

You did a lot better on your gelli plate excursion than I did, Linda! Wonderful samples! Can't wait to see your journal piece. I've never tried to journal but I often think I'd like to.

Mrs.B said...

The gelli plate backgrounds look good, something I've never got round to trying - yet, I keep seeing fab results and must admit I am tempted. Love the look of the journal page, it's something I enjoy but I'm not very confident with,.
Avril xcx