Friday 18 October 2019

CAS Stencil Challenge Reminder .......

Happy Friday ......

It's time for a quick reminder for the October CAS Stencil Challenge.  There's still time to play along if you fancy joining in.


Loll is our host this month, and the theme is all about using Patterned Papers with your stencils.

We all have stacks of patterned papers, some we just look at and stroke occasionally (please tell me I'm not on my own there!).  We have our favourites that we go to all the time,  and then there's the ones at the bottom of the pile, we don't use them but we can't throw them out.

Well, why not use your stencils over the top and give them a completely different look .......


Here I used a leftover piece of patterned paper that has a vintage script design (not sure of the brand as it was in my bit box). 


I stenciled over the top using Black Archival ink applied with a sponge, building up the depth of colour gradually so that the ink didn't bleed underneath the stencil


I didn't want to cover the patterned paper completely, I quite like the script, so I kept the stencil to one side and off the edge.
I also like how the script shows through the black ink, it's like the design on the paper has acted as a resist


I added a few drops of  glitter glue .....


and finished with a simple, heat embossed sentiment ......


Check out the CAS Stencil Blog for more inspiration using stencils and patterned papers.  The Design Team and our Guest Designer Gundi have some fabulous ideas for you.

Happy stenciling!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.

Cheerio until time .......


Products used:
Stencil: Black Orchid stencil (Sweet Poppy Stencils)
Stamps:  Hello stamp  
Inks:  Black Archival ink; Versamark ink
Other: Patterned Paper; Gold Embossing Powder (WOW!); Nuvo Glitter Drops

9 comments:

Loll said...

This is so elegant Linda! LOVE the gorgeous vintage script paper you've used. Perfect with the black flourishy flowers. Great design to have it off the edge. xx

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful inked stenciling over your text paper Linda! the black is so bold and cleanly defined - love the gold embossed sentiment in the corner! xx

Viv said...

So here I am feeling smug as I recently dumped piles of patterned papers... yes even SOME of those that I just used to take out and look at and decide they were too nice to use!! (I only said SOME though....)
The black gives so much drama to the lovely background Linda - and the gold embossing is a perfect touch. Great card. x

Mrs.B said...

A stunning card Linda, the black stencilling looks so elegant over the script paper and it's a great design too.
Have a great weekend, Avril xx

Bonnie said...

Ooh, so classy, Linda! Love the script paper and the black stenciling! Like I said, so classy!

Christine Alexander said...

stunningly elegant Linda, I love the black and kraft DP:)

nancy littrell said...

I love how you stenciled your image in black over your vintage script patterned paper, Linda. Wonderful elegant framing around your main image too. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Barb Ghig said...

This is really stunning, Linda! The vintage script on your DSP is perfect with those elegant stenciled flowers and leaves...especially in black! Gorgeous card!

Robyn Oliver said...

Beautifully crisp image with the gradual sponged stenciling - and I love your PP selection with the script... a fabulous card Linda, hugs Robyn