Thursday 31 October 2019

Finished at last!!! .......

Happy Halloween ...... or Hop tu Naa as it's known in the Isle of Man,


I hope you're having a good week. 
Things are a little less busy here ........ thank goodness.  Although saying that, it's November tomorrow, and we all know what happens at the start of a new month ........ lots of Blog challenges, so you'll be hearing from me quite a bit in the next few days.
I'll also try and catch up with all my Blog visiting too.   I do apologise if I haven't made it over to see you yet ..... I will get there, I promise! I don't want to miss anything!

It's been a nice week actually .... the weather's been good, although I think all that's about to change.  I was in town this morning and it was a little bit cold and grey.   Fingers crossed it stays fine for this evening ....... there's a little velociraptor that's looking forward to going Trick or Treating (I've had to stuff a tail this morning ..... but we won't go into all that!)

Last weekend was workshop weekend ...... the last of the calendar pages  Whoo hoo!!!
Not everyone could make it unfortunately but, the ones that were there finished all three pages. 
I'm so proud of them, they've all worked so hard over the last few months to get their calendars finished and I think they were all pleased with the results ........ here's a little look at some of their favourite pages .......


Sorry but I can't remember which page belongs to who but there's ...... Carol W, Carol J, Lyn, Mandy, Jenny and Ruby.  Well done, your calendars all look amazing!

We had just three pages to do.  On the two calendars I've been doing I had August left ...... we used stamping and simple masking techniques, watercolouring and acetate smooshing.



November ........ I'm loving these new large stamps from the Colorado Craft Company.
More masking, this time masking off the background to add colour to the leaves using Distress inks


I also did some stamping with different coloured inks ...... very autumnal!


And we finished with October .......



The calendars have been a big project but, I do think it's been worth it.

The final workshop of the year is in November ...... and it's Christmas themed ..... Ho! Ho! Ho!
I just need to get a move on with my finished sample.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day, and have a fabulous Halloween or Hop tu Naa
Happy trick or treating!

See you in November! ........



Products used:
Stamps: Butterflies, Sentiments (Inkylicious); Elements of Style (SU! - discontinued);Handpicked Bouquet (Altenew); Big & Bold Oak Leaves & Acorns, Jack-o-Lantern (Colorado Craft Company); Trendy Leaves (STAMPlorations); Maple Leaf (Clarity)  
Inks: Various colours of Distress Inks and Distress Oxides; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Others: 2020 A4 Calendar (Papermill Direct); Clear embossing powder, Gold Embossing Powder (WOW!); 

No comments: