Tuesday 15 October 2019

It's nice to be home ......... CAS Mix Up Challenge Reminder

Happy Tuesday ........

It's so nice to be back on our little island ...... even if the temperatures are a little lower than we've been used to! 

It's a bit crazy around here at the moment ..... hubby and I are off again on Thursday!  It's a case of unpack, wash and iron and then pack again.  Although we won't need all the summer clothes this time ...... we're only going as far as the UK.

I do have time for a quick reminder about this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge .......


Bonnie is hosting this month, and the theme is ...... Foiling
There's lots of ways of using this fun technique,  check out the CAS Mix Up Blog for links to some fab videos.  You'll also find some amazing inspiration from the rest of the Design Team on there  along with our lovely Guest Designer this month ..... Michele (I Card Everyone).

Here's a really quick and easy way of foiling using a nice large sentiment stamp .......


I used a product called Flitter Glu to stamp with, from IndigoBlu, then applied the foil over the top. 
You simply work a small amount of the glue into a piece of cut and dry foam and then apply this to the surface of your stamp as if you were using an ink pad.  Stamp in the usual way ...... just remember not to leave the stamp on the card too long ..... it's a glue and it will stick!!! Also you must put your stamp straight into water after using so that the glue doesn't dry.

I then placed the sheet of foil over the top of the glue.  I applied a little pressure just to make sure everywhere was covered before peeling off the excess foil .......


I picked out one of the colours from the foil and stamped the balloon in a co-ordinating ink, hand drawing the string with a black fine liner ......


I finished off with a few ink splatters onto the background ......


I think this would look great with Christmas sentiments too ...... quick and easy and great for posting!
In fact I did see some cards very similar to this in town this afternoon ...... hmmm might just give that a go! 

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ........



Products used:
Stamps: Big Birthday Greetings (Simon Says Stamp)
Inks: Delicata - Golden Glitz, Silvery Shimmer (for the splatters); Catherine Pooler ink - Fiesta Blue
Other: Flitter Glu (IndigoBlu); Cut and Dry Foam; Rainbow Foil 

7 comments:

Loll said...

I love the colours from the rainbow glue, Linda. This is a wonderful design with the large sentiment and sweet balloon. xx

Bonnie said...

I didn't think of adding foil this way, Linda, but it sure works well. Hmmm...I think I have some Flitter Glue and foil... Awesome card, my friend!

Ros Crawford said...

I need to check out that glue... Your card is terrific!

I Card Everyone said...

Linda!!! No machine??? You're so smart - though I've no clue about that glue, it does sound like the best alternative ever!
[shhhh…. this may be my favorite in the gallery today - say yes, to Christmas cards!!]
=]

Christine Alexander said...

Great effect without a machine, I've never heard of flitter glue :)
Stunning Card.

Mac Mable said...

Great result with the flitter glue. I sometimes leave it too long and it sticks too much so I must revisit the technique....Thank you for the inspiration Linda. Such a pretty card and the foiling looks amazing x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a pretty rainbow color sentiment, Linda! The matching color balloon and the spatters add festivity to the card. Fantastic foiling result without using a laminator!
Hideko xx