Thursday 21 November 2019

More from Sweet Poppy Stencils ........

Happy Thursday ......

Aaaaand ........ breathe! 
What a busy morning.  I was up and out early ..... the usual stuff in town, and a quick stop off to get my nails done. Well, we're off out again this evening and after the workshop at the weekend they were not looking good! All sorted now though ....... they're a nice festive shade of red.

Did you catch Lucy on the TV at 12 with Sweet Poppy Stencils?  I made sure I was back home in time. 
Don't worry if you missed the show, she's back again at 4pm this afternoon and I'm sure that the shows will be available on rewind too.

Here's a couple more of my samples using the new stencil designs ......

My festive spirit is definitely here ....... everything looks like a Christmas tree!!!
This one's a bit quirky and it's not acutally a Christmas stencil but, I think it works.  Lucy called it the 'Grinch tree' ..... perfect!


I used the new Twisted Vines stencil with white stencil paste and then sprinkled over the top with some fine crystal glitters

I added a few dots of glitter glue here and there, or you could use gems, to decorate the tree .....


And gave it a tub to sit in, with my sentiment stamped either side.


A few splatters of gold and silver ink add a bit more interest to the background.

Another new design was the pretty Tree of Faith ........ again not necessarily for Christmas but hey! why not.


I used the white paste again through the stencil onto a piece of mop up card from my stash.
I don't like wasting inks or paints so, I always clean my craft mat by mopping up any leftovers with pieces of spare cardstock.  It's a great way of making backgrounds.
This particular one was Delicata metallic inks ......  gold, silver and rose gold ..... so pretty and shimmery .......


I sprinkled the tree with fine crystal glitters and added dots of glitter glue to give the look of fairy lights


A touch of Distress Oxide Ink to create a little bit of a landscape to ground the tree ......


and I stamped the cute little Lavinia hare on the bottom, and finished with a sentiment.

Last of my samples, but definitley not least ...... the Octopus.  He's amazing!


Like the stag in yesterdays post, he's big! 
He looks fabulous done with inks.  Lucy used the mica powders with the stencil paste earlier, and I've used the Clear Glass Micro beads on mine ...... whatever takes your fancy!

I started with a gelli plate background from my stash, and stenciled the octopus over the top using various shades of  Distress Inks


After cleaning off the stencil I placed it back over the design and applied the Translucent Paste.  Whilst the paste was still wet I sprinkled over the top with the Clear Glass Micro Beads and left it to dry


I love the shimmer and the texture you get when using the micro beads, they also seem to intensify the colour underneath too ..... gorgeous!

I used the bubble section on the stencil to add some detail to the back ground layer


and also added a few dots of crystal glaze and fine glitter


I finished off with the perfect sentiment and highlighted around the octopus with a little Stardust Gel Pen.

Enjoy the show at 4pm.  I'll be watching.

It's the big Christmas lights switch on in Douglas this evening and late night shopping starts.
We're wrapping up warm and taking the little man to see the lights, but the shopping bit can wait, we have other plans.

It's actually Beaujolais Nouveau day ...... ooh la la!!   Yes you've guessed it .... Wine Down (our favourite little place) are having a special menu to celebrate.  It would be such a shame to miss it!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy your Thursday.

Cheerio until next time .....


Products used:
Stencils: Twisted Vines, Tree of Faith. Octopus (Sweet Poppy)
Inks: Delicata Golden Glitz, Silvery Shimmer inks; Distress Oxide Ink -  Vintage Photo; Distress Inks - Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Peacock Feathers
Stamps: Just Words - Noel Clear stamp set, Hugs & Kisses A7 clear stamp set (Sweet Poppy); Whimsical Hares (Lavinia)
Others: Glossy White & Translucent Stencil Pastes; Fine Crystal Glitters; Glass Micro Beads (Sweet Poppy); Red and Gold Glitter Glue, Clear Crystal Glaze (Nuvo), Stardust Gel pen

1 comment:

Loll said...

Wonderful stencils that just shine with your amazing creativity, Linda! Love how you've turned the vine and tree into Christmas cards. Lots of sparkle and shine ... fabulous. But that octopus ... WOW!! Fantastic background, gorgoeus colours for your stenciling and then a really AMAZING card with the glass beads. Always inspired when I drop by! xx