Thursday 30 January 2020

Uniko's January Release in Review Blog Hop .......

Good morning ......... Happy Thursday

Can you believe we're almost at the end of January already ...... that went fast!!
It has been a busy month though, what with birthday celebrations and Blog Hops, Blog challenges and new releases, and a few evenings out here and there ..... Burns Night was fun last weekend.
Oh! and we've booked another holiday, more about that some other time ..... I'm so excited!!

Fancy some Blog Hop fun?
Bev and the Uniko Brand Ambassadors are having a Release in Review Blog Hop.  
We're taking another look at the gorgeous new stamps released earlier this month .....


Did you have a favourite?   I think mine was Hello Lovely ..... that beautiful peony spray. 

Here I've used it with Kraft card to create a pretty card and matching gift tag.


I heat embossed the image in white, slightly off the edges of my piece of card (I do love white on Kraft)


I then used Copic markers to add colour to the image, taking care not to get too much ink onto the white embossing.  I did find that if I did, a quick wipe over with a piece of paper towel and a bit of hand sanitiser removed it.

I added a little bit of shading around the edges with Distress Oxide ink, and a few splatters of white paint onto the background to add a bit more interest.


The sentiment is from the new You Are ..... Outlined Sentiments set, finished off with a tiny heart from BIG & BOLD Love


If you're sending a gift with your card it's nice to add matching tag, I think it makes it makes it a little bit more special don't you.
And it's a great way of using up all those leftover pieces of card!


My second card was so quick and easy to do.  As February is almost here, with Valentines Day just around the corner, the re-release of the Always & Forever set is perfect.

I don't seem to do Valentine cards these days but, I couldn't resist using this set ........


As I said, quick and easy but, it says it all!


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

As this is a Blog Hop there's a fabulous prize up for grabs.  One lucky hopper will receive the stamp sets Hello Lovely and You Are Outlined Sentiments.  All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is complete the Blog Hop, and comment along the way. 
You have until midnight on 6th February so there's no rush, and the Winner will be announced on 7th Feb.
Happy hopping!

Linda (that's me)


Cheerio until next time .....


Products used:
Card 1
Stamps: Hello Lovely, You Are Outlined Sentiments, BIG & BOLD Love (Uniko)
Inks: Versamark ink; Distress Oxide Ink - Aged Mahogany; 
Other: Kraft card; White Fine Detail Embossing Powder (WOW!); Copic Markers; White Acrylic paint, 

Card 2
Stamps: Always & Forever (Uniko)
Inks: Distress Oxide ink - Candid Apple; Versafine Clair - Nocturne


18 comments:

Lynn Dawson said...

Both cards look amazing, the tag is such a good idea too. I've never thought of do white embossing on kraft card before. My favourite stamp is the hearts background as it's so versatile.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love the florals on the kraft paper! The heart stamp CAS is sooooo perfect!

cm said...

Gorgeous cards and the tag is a lovely special addition! WOW!
hugs~carol

Julie B said...

The peonies look fab in the rich red against the kraft and I love the simplicity and crispness of the second. :)

ionabunny said...

Beautiful release. Your cards are awesome. Hugz

Talitha said...

Love the embossed peonies. Lovely card.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! Love the way the colored flowers look on the kraft cardstock! Your second card is very sweet for Valentine's Day!

Carole said...

Fabulous cards!

Jane Willis said...

I'm a big fan of white on kraft too and your work looks stunning!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh wow! Those blooms look gorgeous. The colouring on kraft looks fabulous - that's something i have yet to try.
xxx

Skylark said...

I love the colours you have chosen for your first card Linda, it works so well on the kraft card. And the colouring is amazing. Beautiful card. Stef x

Subhashini said...

You stole my heart with heat embossing and pink against the Kraft cardstock

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous peonies, Linda! I've got to try coloring on the kraft! I love it! And your CAS Valentine does say it all!

Chandhini said...

Love the card and tag combo, coloring on Kraft looks great.

Loll said...

Beautiful cards and tag showcasing the new release, Linda! LOVE the peonies ... they are gorgeous on kraft with the white embossing. The copics really work well on kraft paper. Awesome work, my friend! xx

Greta said...

Love your coloring on kraft & the last card is a fabulous Valentine!

madhatter said...

Beautifully simple but absolutely stunning. Gorgeous cards.
Tracey.x

Tina Z. said...

Gorgeous cards!