Wednesday 12 February 2020

Grab a cuppa ..... it's time for a catch up

Happy Wednesday ......

We're almost half way through February, can you believe it!
And it's Valentine's Day on Friday ...... not that it will be any different from the rest of the week here.  Hubby and I gave up on Valentine cards a long time ago ...... he knows I love him (don't you hun!) 
We are out in the evening though ..... our usual table is booked at our favourite place, and hopefully a bottle of the bubby stuff will be waiting.

There's still no date for picking up the motorhome (sigh!)  The last we heard, we were looking at the end of February.



When we ordered it back in October last year, we were given a provisional date of the end of March which we were more than happy with at the time.  Then we got a phone call to say it would be ready in January.  Whoo Hoo!! we thought but ....... unfortunately, it wasn't to be.

Mind you I really didn't fancy getting on the boat across to the UK in January.  And to be honest, I'm sort of glad it's not ready yet.  Let's face it, it's not exactly the weather for 'camping' now is it!
It's still blowing a hoolie as we speak.
The last few days we've had sunshine, very strong winds/gales, rain and high tides.  There's been snow, strong wind and hail.  Oh! and did I mention the strong wind!!!


(photos of Douglas Prom (courtesy of 3FM Isle of Man's Facebook page)

There's been disruption to flights, and hardly any boats sailing since last week because of Storm Ciara.  I think there's been something like two crossings since last Friday, and I'm surprised they went (glad I wasn't on them!)  Although I think it has gone this morning, so maybe things are calming down just a little.
  She's been giving our little island a real battering ....... we're going nowhere! 
Well I'm not, but hubby is off to the US this weekend with work, so lets hope things have calmed down by then.
The bad weather has given me a good excuse to spend some time in the craft room though.  I'm more or less up to date with all my Design Team stuff so, I've actually had time to play.  My journals have been out, I've signed up to some online journaling courses and I've made a start ....... loved the January lesson for the Mixed Up Creative Academy - Journal Playground  


What's this? ....... two journals on the go ..... at the same time!?  Oh yes .....  I've acually got three, if you count Kasia's Advent Journal I started before Christmas ...... which I WILL finish, eventually.  I'm up to Day 20 of 24 so not far to go!!  Plus I haven't even looked at Wanderlust 2020 yet!!  It'll give me something to do when we're off in the 'camper van'

I've also made a list (a monthly prompt from the Art Journaling Challenge 2020 .... again from the Mixed Up Creative Academy)  


Have you read it?  What do you think? ...... the holidays will be easy, spending time with the family is guaranteed, the have fun part is an absolute definite.  The bit about using my stash and only buying essentials ..... now that could be a problem!!  Let's see how I get on.

Speaking of holidays ..... we're down to 14 weeks and counting before our Disney trip.  I'm going to need a holiday to get over that holiday by the sound of it .....  the little man wants to see, and do EVERYTHING ...... including building his own droid in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!!! (May need an extra suitcase to bring everything home with us!!)   
Luckily my darling hubby has booked us a little trip, for our wedding anniversary in July, so I won't have long to wait.
We're going back to Italy ..... Tuscany to be exact for a lovely long weekend, to see the amazing Andrea Bocelli live, in concert, in his home town ...... I cannot wait!! We've got three days in Florence too which is somewhere new for us, so we'll have to explore.  I've already bought my dress for the concert evening!


Well, that's everything I think. 
Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'll be back at the end of the week with reminders for this months Blog challenges.  And then next week, I'll have some sneak peeks of a new release coming soon from the fabulous Uniko.

Speaking of Uniko ...... don't forget it's their 8th birthday this month.  To celebrate, for the whole of February there's 10% off all orders placed on their website.  Just remember to use the code ...... CELEBRATE8 when you check out.


Cheerio until next time .......

2 comments:

Redanne said...

Such a lovely chatty post Linda, I love the look of the motorhome, hope you get it when you should, despite the worrying weather. The photos of the storm are amazing!

I would definitely be looking forward to Tuscany and especially seeing Andrea Bocelli, just slight envy here.... Hugs, Anne xx

Loll said...

You always have so much on the go Linda! Look at all the amazing things coming up in your life! :) Italy ... wow! That sounds wonderful. And seeing Andrea Bocelli life ... double wow!

Your journals look so fun and I bet you had a great time working on them. Three journals on the go?? No moss growing on you! :) xx