Friday 7 February 2020

New stencils from Sweet Poppy ......

Happy Friday to you ......

It's quite nice here today, we have sunshine (whoo hoo!) but ..... I don't think it's going to last.  Apparently, there's a storm brewing (in more ways than one, but I'm not going into all that!!!  Life can be a bitch sometimes ..... there's always someone ready to stick the knife in!!!)
OK ... enough said.  Back to the happy stuff.

Are all you Sweet Poppy fans ready for tomorrow?  Lucy is back on Hochanda with some fabulous new stencil designs, I shared a couple from this bunch yesterday ......


Here's a closer look at the rest ......


If you love fairies then you'll love the new Fairy Sprite.  She's designed by Lavinia's Tracey Dutton and she's beautiful


I've simply stenciled her onto a background I found in my stash (I think this one is watercolour card and the Alcohol Inks floating on water technique)


A touch of sparkle from some Sweet Poppy glitters .....


and a little bit of stamping on the bottom using some Lavinia foliage stamps and a sentiment from my stash, which I heat embossed in gold on the bottom.

As I mentioned yesterday ..... turn your stencils over and use them the opposite way round


These two have been done using the Glossy White Stencil paste and then sprinkled with glitters


A sentiment stamped underneath and a little bit of ink smooshing ..... done!


I added a few drops of Nuvo Crystal Glaze to finish off.

Something else new from Sweet Poppy is Foils.  
The foiling technique using a laminator is something that a few of the Sweet Poppy DT have been doing for a while ...... I've dabbled and it's so much fun.
Well ..... now there's a range of gorgeous foils available .....


Foiled cards are not the easiest to photograph ...... but look at the shine on this pretty turquoise foil used here with the new Tribal Flower stencil ......


I used the Glossy White paste through the stencil, let it dry completely and then used the foil.
A quick tip ....... use a little anti static bag over the card (NOT the paste) where you don't want any foil to stick.  My laminator is really old and nothing fancy, and I use it on about half temperature and it works fine ...... most of the time!

Once it's been through the laminator, carefully peel away the excess foil and you're left with a beautiful shiny design


Add a simple sentiment, and I finished off with a few dots of glitter glue


Use your stencils to create pretty pieces of home decor .........


I decided on black and white for my canvas but you could use any colour at all to match your colour scheme.

I simply masked off sections of the canvas and painted the black and white squares.


I then used black ink through the stencil on the white squares, and heat embossed in clear


And gold ink on the black squares and heat embossed with a gold powder over the top.

To add a touch of colour, and a bit more detail, I used Nuvo Dream Drops around the edges



I hope you love the new designs .... it's been fun working with them.

Tomorrow's show times, that's Saturday 8th February, are 8am ....... a nice early one, and again at 12 noon.  Tune in for some fab tips and techniques.
However, if you can't wait until then, you can find all the new products on the Sweet Poppy website

Happy stenciling!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.
Not sure what we're up to this weekend, I suppose it depends on the weather.  The craft room maybe the place to be!

Cheerio until next time .......



Products used:
Stencils: Fairy Sprite, Tribal Flower stencils (Sweet Poppy)
Stamps: Dance Like No One is Watching (Stampendous); Lavender (Lavinia); A6 Season stamp set (Sweet Poppy); Simple Strips sentiments (Taylored Expressions)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Distress Oxide ink - Stormy Sky; Delicata Golden Glitz Metallic ink
Others: Glossy White Stencil Paste, Fine Crystal Glitters, Turquoise Metallic Foil (Sweet Poppy); Glitter Glue; 12x12 inch canvas board; Black Gesso; White Acrylic paint; Clear and Gold Embossing Powders; Nuvo Dream Drops; Nuvo Crystal Glaze

3 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous foil stenciling with your beautiful new stencils, Linda. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs..Nancy

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful new stencils Linda, love the fairy. The foiled card looks stunning, it's such a fab stencil.
Avril xx

Loll said...

Such beautiful cards from the new stencils, Linda. Especially love the blue foiled medallion --- WOW! xx