Friday 14 February 2020

Perfectly CAS Challenge .......

Hello there .... me again,

I hope you've had a lovely day.
This is a scheduled post, as I'm currently being wined and dined by my lovely hubby .... Valentine's treat!

It's time to get this month's Perfectly CAS Challenge underway though ..... you know the one, where you can only use one third, or less of your card space


This month the theme is all about ...... Shapes. 
It can be any shape you like, just remember ...... keep it Clean And Simple (CAS), and stick to using just one third of your space.

I've gone for hearts ..... Valentine's and all that



I've simply die cut the hearts from a piece of cardstock found in my stash.
I'm not sure but, I think it's a piece of white card (could be watercolour card, could be Ink Me), coloured by floating Alcohol inks on water and then dipping the card  ...... don't hold me to that though, it's been in my bits box for a while!!


I used a stamp for the bow at the top and the bits in between the hearts


and I added a few extra splatters of ink onto the background.

I stamped my greeting on the big heart, and then attached them all using foam pads.


You can find more inspiration, in all shapes and sizes over on the Perfectly CAS Blog!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.

We're bracing ourselves again this weekend ..... Storm Dennis is on his way!  That means more possibly disruption to ferries and flights etc.  Hubby is supposed to be going on a business trip tomorrow ...... maybe that will have to wait!

Cheerio until next time .......


Products used:
Stamps: Happy Snippets (Penny Black); Christmas Sparkle (Uniko)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata Golden Glitz; Distress Oxide ink - Worn Lipstick (for the splatters)
Others: Nesting Hearts Dies (Clarity Stamps)

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't remember how I did those pieces in my stash. I try to remember to label them, but sometimes I forget that too. Love, love, love your sweet string of hearts! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Anita in France said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Linda ... the soft AI colour on the hearts, the delicate splatter ... and the delicious clean simplicity ... such pizazz! Anita :)

Mrs.B said...

A perfect CAS Valentine card Linda, the marbling on the hearts looks lovely, it's a technique I keep intending to try, thanks for the prompt.
Avril x

HilaryJane said...

lovely card, I have never tried floating alcohol ink. I shall have to give it a go. Love the background splatters too xx

Loll said...

This is so sweet, Linda! What a great way to use 1/3 of your card. xx

Sue - said...

Very pretty Linda!