Friday 27 March 2020

Staying at home ......

Happy Friday ......

Not sure what to say really.  It's been nearly two weeks since I blogged and since then the whole world has changed so much ..... it's scary!

I hope you're all safe and well, that you're able to get what you need and that you're coping with social distancing as best you can. 
Our little island is now in lockdown with only essentials available.  It's so quiet .... we haven't really been anywhere in the last two weeks except to shop for a little bit of food, and we nipped to the garden centre yesterday.  Not really an essential purchase I suppose but we needed a lawn mower ...... our gardener, bless him, can't work so hubby is going to have to do it.  At least it's excercise!

We're doing OK ..... hubby's working from home although that means I don't get much done. 
We haven't seen the kids properly in two weeks expect for video calls ...... Mother's Day was tough, I think it was the first one ever that we hadn't all been together. 
The 'party' on Tuesday night was interesting ..... a four way video call at one point, with us all in our homes watching YouTube and drinking wine!!  The headache on Wednesday wasn't great!  And then Lauren did pop by the other day ....... we had a coffee in the garden, me at one end of the patio and her at the other! It's all very strange.

My crafting is suffering too at the moment ....... I don't know about you but, I just can't seem to settle.  I think my mojo is keeping it's distance.  My craft room is feeling very neglected.  Hopefully normal service will resume shortly.
I thought I would have a change today see if that helped ........ I'm in the motorhome!
I've had my lunch,  caught up with Facebook and emails and now I'm blogging!


Well ...... Remi's been sat on the drive since we brought him home, poor thing so I thought I'd spend some time in here.  It seems to have paid off ....... I've actually got a few things done so I might be in here more often you never know.
One thing I've done is my monthly Brand Ambassador post on the Uniko Studio Blog.  If CAS floral designs are your thing then pop over and take a look.


Thanks for stopping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day and have a nice weekend.
It looks like the weathers being kind at the moment so maybe our new lawn mower will get it's first use.  Might even fill the hot tub too ........ #socialdistancinginthesun

Take care everyone ..... stay safe.  We will beat this!

Cheerio until next time .......

3 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

yes Linda the world has gone to hell in a hand basket, so surreal and weird, I work in health care and the stress is through the roof.
Thanks for giving me a wonderfully cas design to calm my mind.
Hugs Christine

Mrs.B said...

Yes, strange times indeed and so hard not being able to hug the family!
Lovely cards, just popped over. Stay safe.
Avril xx

HilaryJane said...

I know exactly how the feel, it is the same for me. Strange times indeed. Let's hope everyone does as they are told so that we can get back to normal as soon as possible xx