Thursday 14 May 2020

Perfectly CAS Challenge ......

Happy Thursday evening ......

How's your week going?  It's flown by here, although I don't seem to have done much!
I did spend two days obsessing over another jigsaw puzzle until I got it finished! It had far too many pieces that all looked the same.
I've got a nice new vaccum cleaner to play with ........ oh no! I think I have lockdown fever.  I'm getting excited about housework!
Oooh! and I dyed my hair.  Cutting is what it really needs ....... I look like something from the eighties when big hair was in, but since the hairdressers are not allowed to open yet, I don't mind doing the colour but I'm not going in with the scissors!   

It's time for another Blog Challenge ........ this month's Perfectly CAS (using one third or less) Challenge



Is Clean and Simple (CAS) your go to style ....... or do stay well clear of all that white space?
Me ..... I love it, although CAS designs are not always that easy to create.
Keeping to the one third rule does help though ........


Imagine your card is divided into sections like in the diagram above ...... three across and three down.
Simply choose one set of three and keep your design in your chosen section ...... does that make sense?
Stick to one main focal point, minimal layers and embellishments, lots of white space and you're good to go.

This month's theme is ....... Animals.
I couldn't decide on just one so, I used a stamp that has a whole bunch of different ones on there ..... how cute are these guys!


I lined everything up on my MISTI and stamped the image and sentiments all in one go ...... what did we ever do without a MISTI!
I heat embossed everything with a clear, fine detail embossing powder, and then I used ZIG markers to add the colour ..... easy!


Doing the heat embossing makes it a little easier when colouring in the images ....... helps to stop the ink from going outside the lines!


Keeping to just one third of the available card space, or there abouts, means that the finished card is Perfectly CAS!

Go on, play along.  I'd love to see you in the gallery.

Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your day.
Hubby and I are about to settle down and watch another of our lockdown obsessions ...... the TV drama series The 100.


We've binge watched the first three series on Amazon, only 3 more to go!

Cheerio until next time .......


Products used:
Stamps: Critter Crowd (Simon Says Stamp)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Others: Clear Embossing Powder (WOW!), ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers

3 comments:

Loll said...

Those little critters are totally adorable, Linda!! And I love the rainbow coloured happy birthday! Awesome design, my friend! xx

Bonnie said...

Not only perfectly CAS, but perfectly delightful, Linda! Love this fun crew wishing happy birthday!

Sue - said...

Love ‘em!