Friday 1 May 2020

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month ......

Happy Friday! .....

Welcome to May!!!

I hope you're all well and staying safe during this pandemic.
This last week has been a tough one what with one thing and another.
Thankfully my mojo seems to be returning, albeit VERY slowly, and I have spent some time in the craft room, which has been a much needed distraction.
I'm doing a lot of playing in my art journals at the moment ..... and I've also signed up for a few Facebook Live workshops which I'm really enjoying.  Two or three hours of following someone elses directions ...... learning new tips and techniques, and remembering old ones that I haven't used for years!  It's great ...... I'm actually using all this stuff I've bought ....... finally!

Here's the results .......


Journaling with the lovey Sharon from the Forget Me Not Kraft Kabin.  Lots of paint and doodling ..... I loved it! (I'm actually spending the afternoon online with Sharon again today ..... can't wait!)

I've also been catching up with an online course from the Artful Academy (previously know as Mixed Up Creative Academy)



I didn't have all the products that they'd used but, I improvised.  We can always find something in our stash that will work.  It was a resist technique on the background ..... not perfect but it wasn't bad.


And finally, inspired by the very talented Tracy Scott .......


This has taken me a while to finish but ....... I got there in the end.



My journals are not the only thing keeping me busy ....... these arrived the other day


There's something very satisfying about completing a jigsaw. 
I'm not getting very far, but it's keeping me out of mischief!


Of course, a new month means the start of all the latest Blog Challenges.  I'll be back later with the first of the CAS challenges ..... see you then!

Thanks for popping by ........ I'm off to get my things together for this afternoon's journaling class.

Cheerio until next time .......


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing how you're keeping busy, Linda! It looks to me like your mojo is front and center! Love your pages!

Loll said...

Your journal pages are so creative, Linda. What a great way to use some long-neglected mediums and revisit some page techniques as well as learn new ones. Your mixed media is always inspiring, my friend! xx