Wednesday 22 July 2020

Butterflies for the Twofer Challenge .........

Happy Wednesday .......

How are you? ........ I hope you're having a good week.
It's a little bit more relaxed here this week ..... thank goodness. 
I think we went a bit crazy after completing our quarantine last week.  It was so nice to be able to finally get out and about again, get back to normal ...... and the weather wasn't too bad either!

Hubby's still working from home, no change there, and I've been spending some time in the craft room.  Not doing anything in particular, catching up mainly and tidying up the place.  As hubby says ..... I've got some stuff!!

I've just got time to play along with one of my favourite challenges before the deadline closes ...... it's been a while!


Darnell's Twofer Card Challenge ..... always fun, and a great way to re-stock those card supplies.


Here's mine ....... A belated birthday card (ooops! I occasionally need those), and a Thinking of You card (for one of those just because occasions)


I love butterfly stamps, the big decision this time was which one to use.
I decided on a Penny Black favourite and used the emboss resist technique to create my birthday card


I stamped the large butterfly randomly all over a piece of white cardstock, and heat embossed in white. 
I then blended my Distress Inks over the top ........ I never get tired of this technique.  The more ink you apply and the darker the colour, the more your embossing will stand out.  The heat embossing acts as a resist to the DI's ...... once you've applied the ink just buff off any excess with a soft cloth  and the embossing shows through perfectly.


I also did a little splattering with some water just to add more interest to the background


I stamped my sentiments and added them as banners off to the side, and finished with a few crystal drops


I went sort of CAS for my Twofer ......


Same butterfly stamp, only this time I used coloured inks to stamp the image


I added my sentiment over the top, and I made a mask to cover the butterfly before using the same colours of ink to add some splatters onto the background


Two cards, for two different occasions using the same stamp!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
No sunshine here today ..... it's been raining for most of the day.  Let's hope it's a bit better for the weekend, although we've nothing planned as yet!
Last weekend we took the van across the island on a little trip to Peel.

Peel's really nice, Sunset City as it's sometimes know as.  Lovely beaches, there's a great walk around the castle, especially when the sun's going down, and there's a couple of really nice restaurants there that we don't visit very often.  However, thanks to Remi (the van) that's about to change.

We had a lovely weekend.  We stayed on Peel campsite which was fab.  Large site, not very busy, with great facilities and, about a 15 min walk into town ..... perfect!
We had dinner at Filbey's on Friday which was delicious.
 

The kids joined us on Saturday, the first time we'd seen them since the end of June,  and we went to The Boatyard for a lovely family dinner.


We're off out again tomorrow .... our regular table at Wine Down.  I suppose you could say we're making up for lost time ....... I'm just enjoying not having to cook every night!

I'm cooking this evening though ....... nothing fancy, we're having a curry night. 
We've also got the little man staying overnight so it could be movie night too ...... another Star Wars film maybe!

Cheerio until next time .......



Products used:
Belated Birthday card .....
Stamps: Butterfly Trio (Penny Black); Banner Bits (Avery Elle); Tiny Words Birthday (Mama Elephant)
Inks: Versamark ink; Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin, Abandoned Coral; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Others: Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thinking of You .....
Stamps: Butterfly Trio (Penny Black);
Inks: Catherine Pooler Mini Inks - Aquatini, Fiesta Blue, Something Borrowed; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Others: Crystal gems from my stash

6 comments:

Darnell said...

Always a treat to see you, Linda, and I'm so jealous that you are allowed out and about! Good job stomping out Covid! Thanks for sharing the photos of Peel. It looks like a magnificent get-away! Your Twofer designs are gorgeous, as ever. I love the deep citrus colors you blended on your white emboss-resist butterfly birthday card and your CASlicious TOY design is really pretty, too! You are always so good at completing your designs with schplatters. Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #29! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Two beautiful butterfly cards Linda. Love the emboss resist with the ombre sponging. So gorgeous in those bright, summery colours. And your CAS design with the blue butterfly is perfection! So happy you are out and about and enjoying yourself. Lovely to get away and looks like the weather was beautiful. Always great to see the kids! xx

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful twofer, Linda! I love your emboss resist and perfect positioning of those butterflies! Again, a wonderfully positioned butterfly and great design on your "thinking of you" card! It looks like you're enjoying being out and about! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Bonnie said...

This is one of my favorite butterfly sets too, Linda! I love the embossed resist with the bright, sunny background! The simple blue butterfly is beautiful in it's simplicity! I love how it's stamped off the page and the splatters!

Anita in France said...

Your soft, dreamy blending is gorgeous over those delicate, embossed butterflies strewn over the birthday card, Linda ... it's so warm and sunny! You gave the single 'thinking of you' butterfly such a different look ... it's serene and calm ... and fabulous with the splatters! Fabulous photo's too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

one of my fave butterfly stamp sets too! Both your cards are gorgeous and great designs!