Wednesday 15 July 2020

Happy Everything! .......

Hello there ..... Happy Wednesday!

Well our 14 day quarantine is finally over ..... whoo hoo!!! 
It wasn't too bad, and we're both fine which means we're free again .... happy days!  We've already got the weekend planned .... can't wait!

It's time for a quick reminder though about July's CAS Mix Up Challenge
I wasn't here for the launch but I didn't want to completely miss playing along with this month's theme.

We have a fun Stencil challenge for you this month, hosted by Nancy.


To play along you must use a stencil on your cards, follow the theme ..... Stencil Tracing, and of course keep things Clean and Simple (CAS)

There's a couple of ways of Stencil Tracing, you can either use your stencil to draw/trace around the design or, outline your finished stencil design freehand, like I've done here ........


This was so quick to make ..... I simply inked through my stencil using Distress Inks


I removed the stencil and stamped the sentiment across the centre ......


And then I outlined around the edge of the stenciled image using a Stardust Glitter Gel Pen.


This is so subtle, and depending on how the light catches it can almost look like it isn't there, if you know what I mean. 
I hope the sparkle comes across in the photos, it does look really pretty IRL.


We've had three amazing Guest Designers joining the DT this month .........

&

Check out the CAS Mix Up Blog to see all their gorgeous inspiration, and if you fancy playing along there's still time ....... the challenge is open until 24th July.

Happy stenciling!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ....


Products used:
Stencil: Daisy stencil (Inkylicious)
Stamps: Happy Chic Wishes (Mama elephant)
Inks: Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Rusty Hinge; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Other: Stardust Gel Pen

9 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Such a lovely happy card and a great way to add a little sparkle to your sunflower. I do love those sparkle pens xx

Jo said...

This flower is so powerful. Love the outlining with the gel pen, really makes this bloom even more gorgeous. The black is the perfect finish.

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful card Linda, the flower is gorgeous and I love the sparkly edges!

So pleased to hear you got through your quarantine and that you are both fine. We are still under lockdown but have got used to it now! Stay safe and keep well. Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

I see the sparkle, Linda, and I love it! What a pretty large daisy and a gorgeous sentiment! Glad you've got through your quarantine and stayed well.

Loll said...

Beuatiful stencil Linda! Love the bright happy colours you've used and the outlining with the glitter pen really takes it to the next level. So awesome. I can see the shine in some of your photos. Great work! xx

Viv said...

The glitter pen outline is lovely Linda. A great card!

nancy littrell said...

Wow!!! Love your tracing of your petals with the glitter pen, Linda. I do see the glitter in your photos:-) The BIG, HAPPY and cool font on the "everything" really add to your modernistic CAS card design. So pleased you were able to play with our DT for the reminder post. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday and so pleased you are still well after your 2 weeks self quarantine. Stay safe and Creative, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful effect and what a fabulous CAS card Linda x. The blending is pretty and I like the stamped sentiment in the black too. I am glad you are out of quarantine....And I bet you are enjoying it? x.

Susan Joyce said...

This is so beautiful Linda, love the pen you used to outline the flower.