Thursday 13 August 2020

I bet you've forgotten who I am ......

Happy Thursday ......

Remember me?  I know it's been a while ....... how is everyone?
Thought it was time for a quick catch up.

I've been rubbish at blogging lately ....... sorry.  I've not had much to say, and not really been very productive on the crafty side either, apart from my DT commitments that is, and the odd online workshop. I think it's those that are keeping me sane at the moment! 
Had fun creating another dream catcher with Tracy Scott .....


I just love the whole process Tracy goes through, creating journal pages .... her use of colour is so much fun, then adding all the different layers and details, it's great watching them all come together.

And then something completely different ...... which I'm now obsessed with ...... Mandalas using pen and ink


These are so relaxing to do, and very addictive! They just take a while to do.
I finally finished this one yesterday, on a lovely crafty get together with the girls on the island, I just haven't taken pictures yet.
I think it was the lightest craft bag I've ever taken to one of our get togethers ...... I took my journals and a pencil case!!! 
It was really nice to finally catch up ...... I hadn't seen them all since January!

I've also been playing around with a canvas, again on online workshop, this time with the lovely Marion Emberson (Sugar and Spice Crafts)


It's a good job I like a bit of sparkle ...... this is full of it!
Chunky glitters, and sparkly glass fragments .....


It's so pretty when the light catches it ....... not so easy to photograph though!



The main reason I'm a little distracted I think is ..... we just want to be out in 'the van'.  Well with all this nice weather we're having, it's a shame not to make the most of it.  And we were hoping to have been up in Scotland maybe next month but, like all our holidays it's been put on hold for now.

We had a lovely weekend though up near Kirk Michael at a place called Cronk Aashen Farm


It was our first time here, but it definitely won't be the last.  It was lovely.
Out in the countryside, very quiet and very private. The weather was glorious, and we could see the sea


We virtually had the place to ourselves ..... one other motorhome, a couple of caravans that stayed just the one night, and a tent!

I do like it when we're out in the van ...... hubby does some of the cooking. Fillet steaks and grilled mushrooms were on the menu Saturday evening ..... yum!


And then we sat and watched the sunset, round the firepit with the lovely couple from the other motorhome.


We had a little stroll in the countryside on the Sunday ......


Found a pretty glen .....


And I just might have started thinking about Christmas .......


Who knows where we'll end up this weekend ...... depends on the weather I think!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
We're off out this evening to a brand new restaurant in Douglas ........ Rios's Brazilian BBQ & Rodizio.  Sound's like fun, plus Chris is managing the bar there now so we thought we'd better give it a try.

Cheerio until next time .......

3 comments:

Mrs.B said...

WOW, the dream catcher looks stunning and what a fabulous canvas, I'm not on for sparkle normally, but that looks gorgeous.
Lovely photos from your weekend, nice and peaceful away from crowds, hope you manage it again soon.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

Oh my goodness, that dreamcatcher is gorgeous Linda, I love the colour! You mandala is stunning too. Like Mrs B I am not really into glitter but that canvas looks pretty amazing.

So glad you got away for a little break, the sunset is glorious. I was so desperately sad to hear about Craft Stamper, I will miss it terribly but all good things come to an end I guess, at some point.... Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

Who could forget you, my friend! Looks like you've been having a good time traveling if only close to home, but such lovely scenery! Love your art work, especially the canvas with all that glitter! I'll have to go take a look! Hope you're off having a wonderful time!