Saturday 1 August 2020

Life is better in flip flops! ..........

Hello ....... it's me again

It's the first of August so, that means we have a brand new challenge over at CAS mix Up
This month our host is Loll, and we have a Watercolour challenge for you, with the theme .... Beach


I don't really do a lot of actual watercolouring ...... you know with paints and stuff!  I keep trying, the results are not brilliant though so I'll stick to what I know ....... watercolouring with my ZIG Markers!


Life is definitely better in flip flops .......... and even more fun if you wear them on the beach!

This little stamp and matching die set is soooo cute!
I stamped the flip flops using a waterproof ink and then rainbow coloured them all using my markers and a waterbrush ..... this was so quick to do


I stamped the sentiment, die cut that using a stitched circle die and attached it to the centre of a square card blank.



I die cut the flip flops and arranged them in pairs around the sentiment, attaching them using foam pads to add dimension ........


I think I need a rainbow of coloured flip flops .... how cute do these look!

I've spent the last few months wearing flip flops ....... and on the odd occasion when I did need shoes it took me a while to find a pair!!

We have a fabulous Guest Designer this month ....... Brenda (Inkspired to Stamp) is joining in the fun so please stop by and say Hello!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your weekend.
We're spending ours at Ballamoar Campsite, up in Ballaugh.  Yes, we're out in the van again.
We had all weathers yesterday ..... beautiful blue skies, and warm sunshine when we arrived,  a little windy at times, and then an almighty downpour just as we were cooking dinner ..... outside!
I think the weather forecast called it a sharp shower!!!  Shower .... we were soaked.  Thankfully it didn't last long and we were able to continue cooking, although note to self ...... when its windy don't use your fancy table mats outside.  Especially when there are glasses of red wine on them.
You guessed it ...... hubby left the table with his plate, the wind got under the table mat and launched his wineglass across the table.  It hit my glass, knocked that over and both lots of red wine ended up all over me!!!!!  Oh well, that's one linen shirt I won't be wearing again, and my favourite pair of jeans don't look too good now either.  At least hubby thought it was funny!
We did have a nice sunset though ......


We also have a new toy to try out too.  We've bought a portable power source for the van, we're hoping this will help in allowing us to go 'off grid' for a few days ..... no electric hook up!!
We already have a solar panel. and two leisure batteries, and a gas supply so we're not too bad.  This just means we have an alternative to charge phones and laptops etc., we won't need to use the batteries in the van therefore we can remain self sufficient that little bit longer.


It's doing OK so far .... we had the little man with us yesterday and he's christened it the 'ugly box' which I thought was a bit harsh., but that's what it will be called in the future!
 OK ..... so it's not pretty to look at but it is useful.  It was definitely put through it's paces yesterday and it's hardly used any of its stored power ..... a good purchase I think!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
The weather's been great today, we've been out and about exploring and now its time to cook dinner back at the van, whilst watching the FA Cup Final.  It's Arsenal v Chelsea ...... come on boys you can do it!!!

Cheerio until next time ......


Products used:
Stamps: Flip Flop Life (Newton's Nook)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne (for the sentiment)
Others: ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers, Water brush; Flip Flop Life Die (Newton's Nook); Stitched Circle die (Stampin Up!)

13 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I wonder which colour to wear today! Love all those colourful flip flops. I live in them in the summer too. Enjoy your trip, I hope you manage to avoid anymore wine mishaps, such a waste xx

Loll said...

Your rainbow of flip flops is adorable, Linda! Such a fun design with the circle. Zigs are so fun to use and they seem faster to watercolour with than other medium. Plus they are so portable which makes them great to taking on vacation. It's great that you are having so much time out in your new van. What freedom! xx

Bonnie said...

Life is so much better in flip flops and especially when they're this cute! I'll take a half dozen pairs! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. It's nice you can get away even if it isn't far!

Viv said...

Fab flippy floppies Linda.. love it!

Brenda in IN said...

What a fun take on the beach prompt. I love the rainbow of flip flops and you did a great job water coloring around those white circles. Water color isn't my strong suit either but you did a beautiful job. It's so nice you are able to get away for a while in the van even if you had to sacrifice your shirt and jeans!

Jo said...

Definitely my card. A wink to the rainbow theme going on in this crazy world. This fun layout makes for a never ending selection of beautiful colourful flip flop. Love this!
Have fun on your trip...lucky girl xx

Christine Alexander said...

oh to have that many rainbow coloured flip flops :). the perfect shoes for the beach.
Great card Linda.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a happy and cute flip flops card, Linda! I love the CAS layout and the cute rainbow colored flip flops!
Thanks for sharing the fun stories and the gorgeous sunset picture from your van!
Hideko xx

nancy littrell said...

Love your Summery flip flop card design, Linda. BTW, Zigs are my favorite watercoloring medium too, but I will keep trying other watercolor mediums too. TFS your christened table top and you...story:-) Your camping trip sounds awesome. You do have to get creative if you want to camp off the grid...sounds like your black box helps:-) TFS and enjoy your trip. Hugs..Nancy

Susan Joyce said...

Great flip flop card Linda, Love the design you used and the colours!

My Paper Epiphany said...

This is such a joyful card! Wonderful design and I love the rainbow of flip flops!

Mac Mable said...

What a fun card and perfectly beachy...x Fun flip flops and what a fabulous design Linda x. Sorry about the spilt wine and the linen shirt x.

Darnell said...

I just love your wreath of flip flops, Linda! So creative and uber fun!! Which is just what you guys have on your little adventures in the van! I think someone (ahem) needs to add a few die cut flowers to that ugly box you have there for defibrillating your phones! Not to mention tie-dying that linen shirt, eh?! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell