Wednesday 16 September 2020

Ooops! ....... I missed the boat!

Happy Wednesday ......

Don't worry, I didn't really miss the boat.  I'm not going anywhere, well apart from Kirk Michael at the weekend that is, and I don't need the boat to get there!
 
What I did miss was, the deadline for the first of a brand new Blog Challenge ....... Color Hues .... the color challenge


I do love a new challenge so, off I went, made my card and then realised that it's actually a two weekly challenge and the deadline was Monday!!  Oh well ..... must try harder next time!

The colour hues for the first challenge were Yellows and Greens ..... 


All is not lost though because this is perfect to link up to Darnell's NBUS Challenge


This Stampin Up! set has been on my shelf for months and has never seen an ink pad.  In fact, I don't think it had even been opened before ..... all the stamps were still connected in their piece of red rubber (shame on me!) making it ....... Never-Before-Used-Schtuff! 

I stamped the lemons and limes all over my card front and added one of the sentiments from the set ....


I did a bit of ink splattering on to the background, and finished off with a touch of shimmer to the slices using a clear Wink of Stella pen ..... done! 


I did added in a few Nuvo Jewel Drops here and there to give the look of juice ..... hmmm, is it too early for a G&T?!!

It's been really weird around here the last couple of days, hubby has been working back in the office.  After having him working from home since the beginning of March it's strange him not being around ..... the house is really quiet!!  
I don't think he's going to be in there everyday yet but, at least it's another positive step on the way to our new normal! 
Sadly though, our little island has seen the return of a few new Covid cases but, fingers crossed with all the regulations we have in place, and the fact that those who are travelling are isolating on their return, things are being kept under control ........ for now anyway.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
It's been lovely here today, blue skies, warm sunshine and a lovely breeze.  I took full advantage and have been in the garden all afternoon.  I did mow the lawn whilst I was out there so I think I've earned that G&T ...... well it is 5 o'clock after all!

Cheerio until next time ......



Products used:
Stamps: Lemon Zest (Stampin Up!)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Cheerful (Yellow), Verdant (Green), Nocturne (Black)
Other: Clear Wink of Stella  sparkle pen

4 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

That little bit of splittery splattery in the background really ties everything all together. I'm glad you inked these up! I hope the adjustment to a quiet household is good for your crafting time! :)

Darnell said...

You'll have everyone wanting a G&T with this fun schplattery juicy card, Linda! Too bad you missed the challenge because it is a beautiful study in green and yellow! Your weather sounds perfect and I hope it continues for you ~ and I hope the Covid numbers go down again soon. Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

So crisp and refreshing with all those lemons and limes! Glad you're having good weather. Hope it continues through the weekend!

HilaryJane said...

What a shame you missed the deadline as this is great, what an ideal subject for a yellow and green challenge. Love the splatters and the shiny drops, brilliant finishing touches xx