Tuesday 15 September 2020

There's still time to play at CAS Mix Up ......

Happy Tuesday .......

I hope you're well.

If you haven't played along with this months CAS Mix Up Challenge don't worry there's still plenty of time left.



Joanna is our Host for September, and the theme is all about Embossing with Dies ..... a relatively new technique for me so this challenge has been fun.
Don't forget it's a Mixed Media month which means you need to a) follow the theme, b) include some stamping on your card and c) add in one other Mixed Media element.


This was really easy to do, it just took a bit of time embossing the background. 
Just think of all those sentiment dies you have in your stash ...... all those backgrounds you can create!

I simply took my happy die and repeatedly embossed it down the centre of a piece of white cardstock filling the whole piece


I then actually die cut the word, twice, from white cardstock.  I watercoloured one using ZIG markers and then layered the two together and attached it over the top of one of the embossed words on my card


I added a touch of shimmer to the letters with a Wink of Stella pen ..... always difficult to photograph!


I stamped a small sentiment and trimmed it into a banner, and then attached it underneath .... card done!


I've really enjoyed embossing with dies this month, I hadn't tried this technique before but I shall definitely be using it again. 
If it's new to you too, then check out the video links on the CAS Mix Up Blog for some amazing ways to use this technique, and you'll also find more fabulous inspiration on there from the rest of the Design Team.

Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ......


Products used:
Dies: happy die (Winnie & Walter)
Stamps: Birthday Messages (Mama Elephant) 
Other: ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers; Clear Wink of Stella sparkle pen

14 comments:

Viv said...

This is a gorgeous card Linda - keep promising myself that die - it looks fab! x

HilaryJane said...

It is definitely a really good way to get more out of your dies. What a simple and effective idea you had for this card. It works brilliantly xx

Becca Cruger said...

Well this technique is brilliant! And your card certainly does make me happy.

nancy littrell said...

Love how you die embossed your sentiment repeatedly for an awesome background for your die cut and colored sentiment! So clever and fun. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Jo said...

This is definitely a HAPPY card. I love the repetition of the die embossing and then using the same layered die cut as this colourful shimmery focal point, truly smart and effective. Thanks so much for playing along dear Linda xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Very cool.... great use of the die embossing Linda, super card. Hope all is well at your place, hugs Robyn

Chrissie said...

This looks fabulous Linda, great that you didn’t flatten the embossings already done... it looks terrific!
Chrissie xx

Chrissie said...

This looks terrific Linda, great job with all that embossing!
Chrissie x

Mac Mable said...

The dry embossing looks fabulous Linda and extends those dies even further. Such a happy card x.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Great way to use the die! It looks fab embossed multiple times, paired with the rainbow die-cut!

Bonnie said...

This is just the happiest birthday card ever, Linda! I love the embossed background with the bright, watercolor happy on top! A fantastic card for any age!

Loll said...

This is such a happy card Linda. :) LOVE how you've repeat embossed the sentiment die. That must have taken a while. I'm sure I would have messed it up part way through, but yours are perfect. And I love the rainbow-coloured, shimmery happy on top. Fantastic design, my friend! xx

Christine Alexander said...

awesome job embossing the whole card with the die. I love the everything about it :)

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome design Linda, love the bright coloured die cut with all the Happy embossing in the background.