Wednesday 23 September 2020

Navy and Turquoise for the Color Hues Challenge .......

Hello again .......

How's your Wednesday going?
We're having a lazy day here ...... the sun is shining and we're all just chillin!

I'm playing along with the new Color Hues ..... the Color Challenge.  Yeah! I'm in plenty of time for this one ..... I think!


It's challenge #2 and the colours this time are Navy and Turquoise (what a nice combination!)


I think I'm definitely getting a touch of the festive spirit  ........  look it's another Christmas card!


It's a really simple one too (well if you can call four, or it might have been five, attempts simple!)  
I've used an old, wooden stamp from Hero Arts, so no MISTI ....... eeek!!  
One chance to get it right, no repeat stamping, which wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't have been using two colours of ink.  Getting the blend right where the colours met, and a result I was happy with, wasn't easy.  I got there in the end though.
(Wasn't easy taking the photo either ....... it was either too sunny or, not enough light.  And, I didn't have my photo boards with me ...... that's my excuse anyway!!!)

I used Versafine Clair inks directly onto the stamp,  and then a sponge to gently blend the colours together ........


Added a sentiment on the bottom using the navy colour of ink


And then I finished off with a touch of crystal glitter ....... I said it was simple!


I'm also going to link this up to the CAS Christmas Card Challenge ..... I think the deadline is tomorrow so I'm just in time!


Thanks for popping by, again ...... enjoy the rest of your day.

We're having family quiz night tonight ....... it's going to get very competitive. 
Hubby is busy putting all the questions together and it's going to be based around the Walmsley family.  If you've ever watched the Friends episode with the quiz, it'll be something along those lines ..... how many categories of crockery does Mum have?  What makes Chris cringe?  What is Dad's actual job title?  You get the idea.
The kids are also cooking dinner this evening, so it's a nice easy day for me.  Now where did I put my craft bag?

Cheerio until next time .......



Products used:
Stamps: Tree stamp by Hero Arts; Sentiment was a magazine freebie (I think ....... no packaging!)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Twilight (Navy), Warm Breeze (Turq)
Others: Quickie Glue Pen; Fine Crystal Glitter

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love how you used these colors, Linda! What fun trees! Glad you're having a great time there. It looks really nice!

Carol Cel said...

Beautiful! I had to really stop and take a good look :)

Karen said...

It's beautiful!!! Hard to remember when all I had were wooden stamps, and how often they required multiple attempts. All you work paid off, though, and you have a wonderful Christmas card for your stash! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues #2.

Julia Aston said...

So pretty! love the blues in your sky, the sparkling snow and lovely white trees along the rolling hills! It does take time to create even a CAS card - but once you have it down - you can make several more quickly (usually!) xx

Loll said...

Your blended sky is gorgeous Linda, especially with those pretty, glittery, white trees. Amazing card, my friend! xx

Gibmiss said...

Fab by card ...love that stamp ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Colleen said...

Beautiful card, those colors are just gorgeous and I am so glad it worked for the color hue challenge as well...Thank you for sharing at CAS Christmas!

Nancy said...

Love that sky and the touch of glitter on your hill tops! Such a pretty Christmas card Linda! I have plans to get started on those today too! Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along with us at Color Hues!

nanskidrewski said...

Beautiful, simple, elegant. Love the sparkling hillside.

I Card Everyone said...

I caught this in the Color Hues Honorable Mentions, Linda... absolutely exquisite! Congratulations!!
=]