Tuesday 1 September 2020

Sweet Poppy FB Challenge

Happy Tuesday ......

Pinch and a punch for the 1st of the month ....... welcome to September!! 

(picture found on Pinterest)
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend ...... it was an extra long one here in the Isle of Man with TWO Bank Holidays so we've had a real break.  A few days away in the motorhome ..... started off a bit wet and windy but we did get some lovely sunshine.   And then we finished the weekend off with family BBQ yesterday ..... always fun when we get together.

So it's the 1st of the month and that means new challenge themes ..... whoo hoo!!
I'm starting off the month with the Sweet Poppy Stencils Facebook Challenge ..... check out the details on the Simply Sweet Poppy Stencils FB page.

This month the theme is ....... Hues of Blue.  


One of my favourite colours, and one of my favourite Sweet Poppy Stencils ......... throw in a lovely  sentiment and you have the perfect combination!

I inked the circle in the background first using Distress Ink (Stormy Sky) and a simple mask cut from copier paper using one of my nesting dies


I went off the edge of my card with the circle and added a few splatters of water to create a little more detail in the background

I then used the gorgeous Wild Flowers stencil ......


and two more shades of blue Distress Inks ....... Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire

I added in a sentiment ......


And finished off with a few dots of Crystalina glitter

Now it's your turn.
The challenge will run until the 29th September when one lucky winner (randomly chosen) will receive .....
 a whopping £40 voucher to spend on the Sweet Poppy website 

The rules are simple ......

  • Create something fabulous following this month's challenge theme
  • Post it on the Simply Sweet Poppy Facebook page
  • Include in your post "Sweet Poppy Challenge - along with the theme name (then we know it's a challenge entry!)
  • Use ONLY Sweet Poppy stencils on your design ........ it's OK to use other branded mediums, inks etc.,  along with them.
  • And ...... you can have a maximum of THREE entries per challenge.  
Happy stenciling!

I've got a busy week this week, including a trip to the dentist (oh joy!).  Nothing major (I hope) it's just a routine check up.
And we might just squeeze in another couple of nights away, depending on the weather of course. 
It was a little bit muddy when we arrived at the campsite last week ..... we needed the chocks to level us up, and stop the wheels sinking into the mud!!


It wasn't too bad, the rain did stop and we had a beautiful weekend.  It's great because hubby cooks, and all I have to do is pour the wine ......


 and then sit and watch the sun go down ...... perfect!


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'll be back later today when this month's CAS Mix Up challenge starts.

Cheerio until then ......


Products used:
Stencils: Wild Flowers (Sweet Poppy)
Stamps: Friends A6 stamp set (Sweet Poppy)
Inks: Distress Inks - Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire; Versafine Clair - Nocturne (for the sentiment)
Other: Quickie Glue Pen, Crystalina Glitter (Sweet Poppy)

5 comments:

Carol Cel said...

I love this design. So very pretty.

Redanne said...

That stencil really is gorgeous Linda and I really love that wonderful sentiment!

I am so glad you had some good weather over the weekend, sadly it was just plain cold and wet here but that is always a good excuse to do more crafting! Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

Oh, I love this sweet stencil, Linda! I'm not normally much of a blue person, but I LOVE these shades of blue in the soft background and deeper colors of the flowers!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card and I love the sentiment you used.
Sounds like you had a good weekend, let's hope the weather holds for more.
Avril xx

Loll said...

LOVE that gorgoeus wildflower stencil Linda. So pretty done in the shades of blue. What a lovely getaway you had. Beautiful sunsets, wine, relaxing with a loved one - what could be better??!! xx