Monday 5 October 2020

Cream and Gold for the Color Hues challenge ......

Happy Monday! .......

I hope you all had a good weekend ..... mine went just a little too fast!
The little man was here for a while.  We've had a lovely new bed delivered (it's soooo comfy!), and we were out on Friday evening. 
Because of the new bed, rooms needed re-arranging (always love moving furniture ...... not!!) 
We decided to put some of the garden furniture away for the winter (sigh!), which meant the garage had to have a tidy (now we just have a load of stuff to be taken to the tip and recycling centre ..... one of the jobs for this week!).  
And it didn't stop there ..... I made a start in the conservatory, it's all been cleaned and the furniture moved ready for .... wait for it ...... the Christmas tree!!  Productive or what!

I also spent some time in the craft room, supposedly tidying up but, as it was World Cardmaking Day on Saturday it would have been rude not to join in the fun now wouldn't it.


I'm playing along with the Color Hues Challenge again .......  this time they want us to use hues of Gold and Cream.


I do love this combination, especially with a touch of black so as they class this as a neutral my card fits the bill perfectly!

I simply stamped my image onto a piece of cream cardstock using Versafine ink, and then heat embossed with a gold EP


It's a fabulous stamp, the whole card stamped in one go ...... easy!  
I can't believe it's been sat in my box of NBUS (Never Before Used Stuff!) and I've not used this before.

Just think of all the possibilities for colouring it in.  For this challenge though, I've left it as it is, apart from the leaves ......


I coloured in all the leaves using a gold polychromo pencil, and then went over the top with a gold shimmer pen ...... so pretty!

The stamp is a beautiful frame for a simple sentiment ......... 


The only other thing I added was a few sparkly sequins here and there still in the gold and cream hues

As it's the stamps first outing, I'm also linking up to the latest NBUS Challenge


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely week.
I'll be in the craft room, I've got some DT stuff to do and I'm going to try and spend some time on my journals I think.

Cheerio until next time ......



Products used:
Stamps: Delectable (Border Background by UNITY), kisses & wishes (Penny Black - sentiment)
Inks: Versamark ink, Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Other: Gold Polychromo Pencil (Faber Castel), Gold Sparkle pen (Crafter's Companion)

11 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Well, you have been productive and you found time to produce this amazing card too. That stamp looks stunning in gold and I love how you coloured some of the leaves, brilliant. It always feels good to use something that has been waiting for the honour too xx

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful card Linda, I am not normally a gold person but the embossing looks so rich and elegant. Love it! Have a good week, sounds like you have a lot on! Hugs, Anne xx

Nancy said...

Linda, I so enjoyed reading your post. You did have a very productive weekend. Your card is absolutely stunning! I love the way you colored in the leaves and I think it gives the card more dimension. The black was an excellent choice for a neutral! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Color Hues. Before I go can I just say that the header on your blog is one of the most loveliest ones I have ever seen!

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is so elegant, Linda!

Loll said...

Beautiful and elegant card Linda! LOVE that stamp! xx

Julie B said...

A very elegant card Linda, the gold infill of the leaves really focuses the eye.
I've been in tidying mode too as we had some new furniture for the spare/my craft room. I had to move so much stuff out I'm still putting it all back but as it was such an awful Saturday I did have a play amongst the chaos. TFS at Color Hues too. :)

Darnell said...

This is so perfect for the Color Hues challenge, Linda! I love that stamp and especially love it embossed in gold with a black simple sediment and narrow matting. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe! (You always make me feel like a sloth with all you get done!) Hugs, Darnell

TK said...

Very elegant and beautiful! Perfect card from the inspiration

My Paper Epiphany said...

Totally stunning Linda! My weekends are the same as weekdays! I can't remember what day it is half the time:) Your weekend sounds like it was very productive!

Becca Cruger said...

It does sound productive indeed! Already making room for the Christmas tree?! Goodness! As for your card, it is elegant and so stunning. What a plus that one stamp was able to create all that!

Hannelie said...

There is just something so amazing about gold embossing! A beautiful card Linda!
Thanks for joining the Color Hues Challenge ♥