Thursday 1 October 2020

Tone on Tone for CAS Mix Up ......

Happy Thursday ......

Well, that's September done and dusted, and here we are in October.  
I love this time of year.  Autumn has arrived, and there's definitely a chill in the air.  The heating is on and it's hot chocolate all round ..... although I am still wearing my flip flops, it's not quite boot weather just yet!

The first of the month sees a brand new challenge over at CAS Mix Up
It's a STENCIL challenge this month, with the theme ..... Tone on Tone


The host for October is our lovely Viv,  and we have a fabulous Guest Designer this month ....... Pat (Colourful Card Creations) is joining in the fun so please pop by and say Hello.

Tone on Tone is a really fun way to use colour, especially with your stencils.  You can create interesting designs, add depth and layers or shadow effects by simply using different tones, or shades, of the same colour of ink.


I've kept things really simple here.  I started out with a piece of pretty lilac cardstock and stenciled over  the top using one of my favourite stencils and a lilac shade of Distress Ink


I added in a few splatters to the background with the same coloured ink, and did a little bit of shading to the petals using a Prismacolor pencil, again in a lilac shade
 

A few dots of Crystal Glaze on the centre of the flower, and I finished off with my sentiment ......


Part heat embossed, and part stamped, again using a different shade of lilac/purple ink

The challenge is open until October 24th so there's lots of time to play along.  See you in the gallery!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
Hubby's out for dinner this evening on a work thing.  They're not going into the office everyday but they can have meetings in a fancy restaurant ?????   I'm not jealous ..... much,  he's only at one of my favourite places ..... without me!!!
I have got the little man to keep me company though ..... homework, pizza and a movie for me, much more fun!

Cheerio until next time ......


Products used:
Stencils: Daisy stencil (Inkylicious)
Stamps: Happy Birthday stamp from my stash; beautiful heart stamp set (Penny Black)
Inks: Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet, Versafine Clair - Purple Delight; Versamark ink
Other: Lilac cardstock; Metallic Platinum Embossing Powder (WOW!); Prismacolor pencils;  Nuvo Crystal Glaze

13 comments:

Pat said...

What a wonderful large daisy stencil Linda, and it looks beautiful in lilac over the coordinating lilac background. Your added pencil shading on the petals and the Crystal Glaze on the centre really bring it to life, and love the mix of Platinum embossed sentiment with a purple stamped one. A brilliant card. I have really enjoyed being the GD this time with this fun theme. x

HilaryJane said...

Gorgeous card, love that stencil and how you have added interest and dimension with the extra colouring and those drops. Brilliant splatters too xx

Viv said...

Loving this daisy stencil and the colours you've used are lush Linda!
The pencil shading is perfect (I really must remember to try that) and the little spots of Crystal Glaze finish it off wonderfully! Love it.
PS - shout out on my blog over Isla!

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty Linda, love your daisy and the addition of the crystal glaze for water droplets :)

Bonnie said...

I can see why this stencil is a favorite, Linda! It is beautiful with all these lavender shades!

Mrs.B said...

That's a stunning stencil Linda and looks fabulous in the lilac shades.
Sounds like you're in for a fun night, Enjoy

Loll said...

I LOVE this stencil Linda! It looks beautiful in shades of lilac. Great idea to start with a soft liiac card stock. Bet you had a fun evening with the little man! :) xx

Jo said...

Such delicate detail on this off the edge bloom over the same coloured card stock. Loving those intricate touches to embellish this beautiful flower. Gorgeous!

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous bloom Linda! so pretty in the shades of purple - love the little accents you added.

nancy littrell said...

Hi Linda, Love your beautiful lilac shades of inks and pencils along with your lilac splatters on your pretty flower stencil. Your sentiment was the perfect final touch. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty tone on tone effect and a really beautiful CAS card Linda x.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Your card is so gorgeous! I love the delicate colours, the splatter and crystal glaze!

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Linda... loving the soft pretty colours with that wonderful floral stencil... hugs Robyn