Saturday 31 October 2020

Happy Halloween .......... mwahhahahaha!!

Happy weekend to you ......

We're at the end of October and it looks like its going out with a bang, here on the island anyway.  
We've got weather warnings in place for strong winds and heavy rains.  The boat's been cancelled, again, and it's not looking too good for the Halloween, or should I say Hop Tu Naa celebrations that may or may not be going on this evening.  

It's been a busy old week in the craft room, getting ready for the blog challenges at the start of November, working on ideas for samples for the next Sweet Poppy TV show, and of course Christmas cards! ...... not that I got very far with those. 

The cards I am sharing with you today are from a Facebook Live Workshop with the fabulous Eileen Godwin ..... I call her the Queen of Colour   If you don't know Eileen then please look her up, she's amazing! 

These are my finished cards from the workshop.  Eileen did them as one layer cards, straight onto card blanks.  I wasn't that brave, so I did them on pieces of cardstock and them made them up after the workshop had finished. 


I crafted along with Eileen, adding my own little touches here and there ........ a little bit of sparkle to the antlers on the deer using a glue pen and fine crystal glitter .......


I used a Stardust Gel Pen to draw around the stenciled dragonfly for an added highlight and touch of shimmer ........


I gave the butterfly a little more colour using coloured pencils ......


And completely changed the size of card for this one, and used the stencil twice to fill the space.


I think there's more workshops in the pipeline from Eileen ....... I hope so anyway.  It's a great way to spend a morning or afternoon.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy your weekend.


I've decided to leave the broomstick in the garage this evening it's a little bit windy out there!! 
Instead hubby and I are having a cosy curry night in front of the TV ...... much better option!

Cheerio until next time .......


Products used:
Stencils: Geometric Stag, Dragonfly Duo, Thistle (Funky Fossil); Plaid Back Plate (Sweet Poppy); Floating Leaves (Simon Says Stamp); Bubble stencil from my stash
Stamps: Tim Holtz Perspective stamps set (butterfly); Various sentiment stamps from my stash
Inks: Distress inks - various colours; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Other: Quickie Glue Pen, Fine Crystal Glitter, Ranger White Enamel Accents,  Chunky White Embossing Enamel

6 comments:

Redanne said...

Oh, these cards are gorgeous Linda, I love all the wonderful colours and your finishing touches take them to another level altogether. Love them! I must look Eileen up.

Happy Halloween to you too and hope the weather here and there improves soon. Hugs, Anne xx

HilaryJane said...

I just love these, a really great set of cards xx

nancy littrell said...

Five Gorgeous stenciled cards using Eileen's techniques..Wow!!!! TFS your beauties and descriptions, Linda. We had a wonderful date night with a yummy dinner..desert and listening and singing to our favorite 50's Satellite radio until 1 a.m.:-) Yes, a bit of wine was included too. Now for a nice long hike to work off the calories! Thank you again for sharing your creative and colorful cards, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Mrs.B said...

You've used some glorious colours in your backgrounds and the stencilled thistle looks stunning.
Hope you enjoyed your cosy Halloween, sounds much better than battling the wind on a broomstick!!
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

Wow, each of these is gorgeous, Linda! Love all the backgrounds and that butterfly is super beautiful with those rich colors!

Loll said...

AMAZING cards Linda! Wonder backgrounds with stenciling and sponging. xx