Sunday 1 November 2020

Off the Edge for CAS Mix Up .........

Happy Sunday ........

Welcome to November!
It's the beginning of a new month again ......... I don't know about you but I think October flew by!  
Of course the first of the month means the start of new blog challenges ..... yeah!!

First one up for me is ........... the CAS Mix Up Challenge.  


It's our final challenge of 2020 (sigh!), and our host this month is ........ the lovely Bonnie.  
She's given us the theme Off the Edge and, it's a Watercolour challenge.  That means some form of watercolouring must be the main element of your design, and remember ..... keep things Clean and Simple (CAS)


Off the Edge is one of my favourite techniques, and I do use it quite a lot.  Just by taking a stamp. or even a stencil design, just off the edge of your card gives a bit of a different look 

I used this pretty floral design from Unity stamps ....... stamped it with a black ink and then heat embossed with a clear powder.  I like to do this when I'm watercolouring stamped images, it helps to stop the inks bleeding over the lines


I used ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers in Autumnal shades, and a waterbrush to add the colour.  

I painted the petals first with clean water and then added a touch of colour from the pen and used my waterbrush to move the colour around, building up the depth gradually, and adding a touch of shading in places


I added some splatters of ink onto the background .....


 a simple sentiment ........


and a little bit of the same stamp off the edge at the bottom of my card


We have a fabulous Guest Designer this month ...... Michelle (I Card Everyone) is joining in the fun so be sure to pop by and say hello.  

The challenge runs until the 24th November and I'm looking forward to seeing all your Off the Edge designs in the gallery.

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.
We've been busy sorting out a couple of rooms and tidying cupboards, and the garage ....... getting rid of stuff we have no idea why we've been hanging on to.  I mean how many remote controls, for TV's we no longer have, do we need?!!!  And power cables ...... you yes, we had loads of those!  
Anyway we now need a trip to the recycling centre next week.

This is all because Lauren and the little man are moving back home for a while ...... long story but, it'll be nice having them here ........ so we need to make some space for all their stuff!
And in the process this has happened ........ ooops!


A little earlier than usual but,  at least I haven't started decorating the actual Christmas tree ........ yet!  Those decorations are in a different wardrobe!

Cheerio until next time .......



Products used:
Stamps: You are Forever Beautiful (Unity); happy snippets (Penny Black)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne, Delicata Metallic ink - Golden Glitz
Other: Clear Embossing Powder (WOW!); ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers, Water Brush

17 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Well it is the first of November I suppose so maybe a few lights to cheer up dark days and nights is OK. Love your card, wonderful water colouring, great background splatters and the little interest in the corner is a lovely finishing touch xx

Viv said...

A lovely card Linda.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful shading on these flowers, Linda! Love the Autumn shades and the repeat of a portion of the stamp in the bottom corner!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Linda! Thanks you for the warm introduction! I love to watercolor an embossed image - gives you all those deep pockets for more intense colors - you have beautifully colored this amazing bouquet! Love those colorful little watery splats, too!
=]

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous flowers Linda, love the depth of colour and shadowing- perfect watercolouring.
the tree looks great but can't wait to see it all dressed up :)

Jo said...

I adore the double off the edge stamping, it really adds a magical touch to this special card. Your watercolouring is divine, the nuances add beautiful light to those gorgeous blooms. The splatters unify this whole panel. Love all your cards! xx

Loll said...

Your card is gorgeous Linda. I love the shading of the petals ... you really bring these beautiful flowers to life. Cleaning out and purging is very freeing ... and it must have gotten you into the holiday spirit! It's never too early for a Christmas tree. xx

Darnell said...

I love the composition of your design for this card, Linda, and as always you're watercoloring is flawless! Just gorgeous! All the best having the fam move back in. I love your little tree!! It is an autumn tree! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty and beautiful card Linda x. The off the edge stamping really does make a difference and I like how you did the smaller flowers at the bottom too. Great water colouring and thank you for the tips along the way x.
Your Christmas tree made me smile Linda as I know how much you love the season x.

Zoechaos said...

Beautifully painted, gorgeous colours, an utterly delightful card. x

Pat said...

I adore those gorgeous flowers Linda and the black embossed outline stamping looks wonderful and such pretty colours too. The off the edge look with the main image and just a small bit stamped at the bottom is beautifully balanced, and some great background spattering and a lovely gold sentiment to finish. x

Brenda in IN said...

What a wonderful design this is. The flowers are gorgeous and the coloring beautiful and I love that you added a bit to the bottom. Your tree just sparkles and the reflection is lovely.

nancy littrell said...

Your tree with just lights will certainly get you in the holiday spirit. I love your gorgeous watercolored with Zigs off the edge flowers, Linda. Your technique with Zigs is also my favorite way to use Zigs. Your flowers are gorgeous. Purging is always good...hope all works out with the kids. Love and Hugs...Nancy

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and your watercoloring is so pretty. I was thinking of using this stamp myself but will try another one. I love floral stamps and have so many. :)
TFS

Julia Aston said...

a lovely design with your beautiful stamping coming in from top and bottom Linda - what gorgeous coloring too! (I love your white light tree!)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous blossoms, Linda! Just love the design coming from top and from bottom and your coloring looks amazing!!

Kia's Place said...

This is such a beautiful card.