Tuesday 8 December 2020

A CAS Snowy Lodge ...........

Happy Tuesday evening ........

I hope you're having a nice week.  
Mine's got off to a bit of a slow start after the weekend of Christmas parties.  

We had a great night on Saturday although we did leave early.  It was really nice to catch up with everyone, it was the first big social gathering from hubby's work since the beginning of the year so everyone was there.
Then on Sunday it was Christmas lunch with my crafty ladies ...... always fun when we all get together.

It's been blowing a right old hoolie here all day.  The good news is I didn't have to go out in it and ...... I'm almost finished with the Christmas cards ..... whoo hoo!!

Keeping things clean and simple seems to be my theme this year ......... 


I do like a bit of Kraft card for the festive season, and I love the contrast from the black stamping.

I used my MISTI to stamp the snowy lodge, then with the card still in the stamping platform, I coloured the snow using a white gel pen.


Once this was dry I re-stamped the image again over the top of the white gel pen, to put back any of the detail that I might have been covered up.

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment using a fine detail gold embossing powder ......


added a touch of sparkle here and there with some fine crystal glitter ......


and finished with few splatters of white paint onto the background, and a little bit of white ink brushed around the edges, to give a real snowy look ...... brrrrr!


That's a few more done, just need to get them in the post now!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off to tidy up this mess just a little bit ...... it's been a snowflake kind of day today, I'll share the results later in the week


Cheerio until next time .......




Products used:
Stamps: Winter Lodge (Inkylicious); Big&Bold Slimline Poinsettias (Colorado Craft Company) - sentiment
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Versamark; Distress Ink - Picket Fence
Other: Gold Embossing Powder (WOW!); White Gel Pen; Fine Crystal Glitter, White Acrylic Paint (PaperArtsy); 

3 comments:

Loll said...

I do love the kraft and white designs, Linda. I really need to do this! Love the vintage look ... so beautiful. xx

Kath said...

A lovely card - I love the house on the kraft card. A great tip too to leave the stamped image in your MISTI until after adding the gel pen - I will remember that tip!
Kath x

Bonnie said...

Love that snow on the kraft and your cozy cottage, Linda!