Friday 4 December 2020

Festive wreaths ....... and we've had our first snow!

Happy Friday .........

The weekend starts now!
I'm still busy with Christmas cards, but we're getting there ...... slowly.    
The craft room is a total mess, I think I've had nearly every Christmas rubber stamp that I own out this week, and hardly used any of them!!   And there's soooo much glitter everywhere, the whole house is sparkling! 

Remember the card I made for the last CAS Mix Up challenge ......


Well I decided to make a few more ........ with a few changes


I kept the wreaths off the edge, heat embossed in gold and painted them using pearlescent paints


This time I added ink splatters onto the background, cut the black panel down slightly to give a white border and added my sentiment on a banner. 


I also tried the same design on white cardstock ........ which I think is actually my favourite


I used the same colours of paints for both cards, I love how different they look on the white .......


I went for a small sentiment so that it would fit in the centre of the wreath .......


And I added a few sequins to finish off .......


Note to self ....... next year start your Christmas cards EARLY!!!!!!

We've got a busy weekend coming up ..... the Christmas parties are starting.  
We've got hubby's work Christmas party on Saturday night ......... always a good night.  And then on Sunday I'm off out with the crafty girls for our Christmas lunch, which reminds me I need to wrap my Secret Santa gift! 
I also need to dig out the winter coat I think, our weather has turned a little chilly.
We had our first snow yesterday ..... not where we are but up on the high ground.  Lauren drove over the mountain in it and then I spotted this beautiful photograph on Facebook which someone took .....

photo taken by Isle of Man by Drone

Brrrrr ........ it looks cold up there!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.
I'm off to write my first Christmas cards now and hopefully get them in the post later!

Cheerio until next time ......


4 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful wreath - so pretty embossed in gold and colored - lovely on white and black!

Chrissie said...

Love these Linda, the one in black looks really dramatic. And the photo Is beautiful!
Chrissie xx

Bonnie said...

Love this beautiful wreath and it's so perfect for an off the edge card! The white banner gives it such a different look from your previous card and I love how bright it is on the white base! What a pretty snowy picture! Stay warm!

Loll said...

Three beautiful versions of your wreath card Linda. They are all beautiful and elegant with the pearl paint. I agree with you, the white background is my favourite. It does look chilly at the top of that hill! xx