Friday 15 January 2021

More splatters for the CAS Mix Up Challenge ........

Happy Friday ........

I hope you're week's been a good one.  

We've reached the half way mark on the CAS Mix Up Challenge so here's a little reminder of this month's theme.
It's a Mixed Media challenge for January.  Hilary is our host and the theme is ...... Splatters
Remember to include some rubber stamping on your project, and at least one other Mixed Media element (you'll find a helpful list on the challenge blog) and of course follow the theme.


I do love to splatter on my projects, using inks, or paints, and I usually use an old paint brush. But, not everyone is comfortable splattering ink all over their beautiful finished cards ..... it can be a bit hit and miss as to where the splatters end up!  My advice is just go for it ....... the more you do it the more confident you get.  It's also a great way to cover up mistakes!!!

Something else I like to do is use Distress Stains to create my splatters ....... you know the ones, the little bottles with the foam tops.  
I simply turn the bottle upside down and 'splat' (technical term there) the ink down onto my card.  


I stamped the flowers using a black ink, across the bottom of a piece of card, and then used the stains over the top for a really quick and easy way to add the colour to the flower heads ......


Depending on how hard you splat the foam down onto the card will determine the size of the ink splatter ...... the harder you splat the larger the spread.

I watercoloured the stems and leaves using a little of the Distress Stain with a waterbrush to control where the colour went this time


I added a few co-ordinating gemstones for a little sparkle, and finished with a sentiment strip across the bottom


The challenge is open until January 24th so there's still plenty of time to get splattering and play along.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.
We've got lockdown birthday celebrations this weekend.  
It's Lauren's birthday on Sunday, so we've ordered a special take away from our favourite restaurant for tomorrow night (they don't deliver on Sundays), and we're having a family and friends video call ...... a socially distanced, lockdown birthday party ..... should be fun! 

Cheerio until next time ....... stay safe!



Products used:
Stamps: Ranunculus Field (Stampendous); Happy Birthday sentiment from my stash
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Golden Glitz; Distress Stains - Picked Rapsberry, Squeezed Lemondade, Dusty Concord, Mowed Lawn
Others: Small coloured gemstones

11 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Linda, not only have I always adored that particular stamp, but I absolutely love the way you colored the blooms with ink splats! It looks fabulous as a slimline card, too!

Viv said...

Brilliant splatting!!
Great card Linda. x

HilaryJane said...

How clever you are, love this idea and those giant splats xx

Bonnie said...

Splatting is so much fun, isn't it? I love how you've splatted color on your ranunculus! An awesome stamp and perfect for this technique! Have a great celebratory weekend, my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda what a great way to create the blooms for your flowers. Love it :)

Robyn Oliver said...

A wonderful colours card Linda, and what a super idea to 'splat' your flowers...looks so effective... must say I have so much mess with splatters... Robyn

nancy littrell said...

Your ink Splats are so fun and artsy! Love your colors and your Slimline Card design too. TFS my friend. Have fun at your video lockdown birthday party:-) Love and virtual Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

Splat flowers ... gotta love it! So creative and fun and LOVE those gorgeous bright colours. xx

Mac Mable said...

What a fun technique and I love the artsy and unique look of your fabulous card Linda x. Hope you are enjoying your celebratory weekend? x.

Mrs.B said...

A great card Linda and I love how you've added the splats, I bet this was fun.
Have fun with your lockdown birthday party and Happy Birthday to the Birthday girl!
Avril xx

Susan Joyce said...

Love how you created these fun splats and the effect you achieved Linda, so artsy!