Friday 19 February 2021

CAS Christmas Card Challenge ........

Happy Friday! .......

I know .... can you believe it's Friday again!  This week has whooshed by .... mind you it has been half term here on the island so the little man has been at home this week, which always keeps me busy!

I've been playing catch up in the craft room this week.  Finishing off workshop projects from weeks ago, sorting through all the stuff that's lying around and ....... I'm joining in with the CAS Christmas Card Challenge for the second time this month!  Yes .... another card for the festive box.

The theme this month is ........ Dogs and/or Cats


I have a few Christmas kitty cats but, apparently not that many festive pooches!  I did find this little guy though, on a Penny Black stamp set ........


I cut a mask from copier paper to create the shape of the hillside, and with this in place over the bottom half of my card, I stamped the Christmas tree


I then stamped the dog off to the side, and coloured him using ZIG brush markers ..... he looks so cute all bundled up in his hat and scarf!


I added a touch of glitter to his hat and some onto the tree, and stamped a sentiment underneath


To finish I sprinkled on a little Chunky White Embossing Powder and heated from underneath to give a snowy look, and also added a small, gold embossed, die cut star to the top of the tree


So far so good with the festive card making ...... fingers crossed I can keep it up!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.

Cheerio until next time ......



Products:
Stamps: Winter Tree, Christmas Critters (Penny Black); Scribbly Christmas (Tim Holtz) for the sentiment 
Inks: Versafine Clair - Rain Forest, Nocturne; Delicata Pigment Ink - Golden Glitz; Versamark ink
Other: Zig Clean Color Brush Markers; Quickie Glue Pen, Fine Crystal Glitter; Sparkly Gold embossing powder (WOW!); Chunky White Embossing Powder (Stampendous)

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your pup is adorable in his warm scarf and cap, Linda! Love the Christmas tree with the shiny star! You're doing great on that Christmas box!

Loll said...

Sweet card Linda! I LOVE the expression on the dog's face! He looks very excited to celebrate Christmas! :) I love all the special details you add to all your cards. xx

Mrs.B said...

A great card Linda, I always love to see those Penny Black critters, especially at Christmas, so cute.
Avril xx

Christine Alexander said...

your little Christmas pooch is adorable Linda :) I'm glad to see your Christmas box is filling up.

Kris said...

Love this card, Linda! I didn't know (or more likely didn't remember!) about the chunky white embossing powder, so thanks for sharing! While I don't enter in the CAS Christmas, you've inspired me to create at least one card a month - thanks!

Susan said...

Adorable little dog and great Christmas tree. Love the use of the chunky white embossing powder - it adds so much interest. Thanks so much for making a card for the CAS Christmas challenge I'm hosting.

Jane Willis said...

Awwww, I love teeny tiny images. This pup is adorable
Jane
Guest Designer at CAS Christmas

Trina P. said...

Aww, your pooch all bundled up is so cute. Fabulous little scene with great details. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.