Thursday 25 February 2021

One of Eileen's online workshops ........

Happy Thursday .......

How are you today?  
It's lovely here on the island, the weather has finally noticed that Spring is on its way I think ..... I hope so anyway.  It's nice to see some sunshine.

I've been catching up with some online workshops lately ..... these have been keeping me sane over the last few months!  
My crafty mojo hasn't been up to scratch, I've taken a little time off from some of my DT commitments and I've been spending some days in my craft room just doing things for me, and learning a whole load of stuff too!

Workshops with the very talented Eileen Godwin have been loads of fun.  The link will take you to her Facebook page ......... check it out if you haven't already, she's amazing!

These are my projects from last month's workshop (I haven't done February's yet ..... it's on the list for next week!)


This was right up my street.  Great layering techniques using designer papers, paints, stencils, stamps, inks ..... whatever you've got.  I loved it!!!


If lots of layers aren't your thing,  we created CAS designs too ......


I even managed to save one that I wasn't happy with.  You know how it goes ...... ink where it shouldn't be, colours that weren't blending as I wanted them to.  
You all know I don't like throwing things away so, I went back to it a couple of days later.  Carefully added a touch more ink to get a better blend,  managed to get most of the ink off where I didn't want it (I love my Distress inks!), used a large sentiment stamp over the top, and a few strategically placed gem stones and  ...... voila!!


I Love it!!  There's always a way to fix things!

As the weather seems to be changing for the better ..... fingers crossed ...... it's time to get the van ready again so we can enjoy exploring our little island (and hopefully further afield later in the year!)

Our little motorhome is almost a year old and poor Remi has been sat patiently on the drive all winter.


We have been checking him regularly, we just need to restock the cupboards, top up the gas, give him a wash and polish and then we can get out and about again ........ let the adventures begin!

Thanks for popping by ....... have a lovely day.

Cheerio until next time .....

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun, Linda! I'm glad to see that. I'm going to have to check out Eileen's Facebook workshops. I've watched a lot of her videos and love her style. I Love what you've done with the layered backgrounds and the CAS with butterflies! Great save on the last one!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pinned your first bfly card. I just love that one!

Christine Alexander said...

These workshops look like a lot of fun, love the cards your created and those wonderful backgrounds XX
I really need to sign up for some classes :)

Mac Mable said...

Yes Eileen is is so creative and inspirational x. You have taken her inspiration and made these cards your own Linda. You sure looked like you had fun x. Remi looks lonely but I am sure he will be out and about soon and you'll make more memories x.

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful set of cards. I am glad you are enjoying Eileen's workshops. she is definitely an inspiration. I am feeling a bit the same these days. every card seems to be a struggle but I am sure it will pass as we get closer to spring xx

Loll said...

Wow ... I mean WOW! These are amazing designs Linda. What fun you must have had at the workshop. I love all of them ... and great save on the last card - it's perfect! I will have to look into to Eileen's on-line workshops. xx