Thursday 11 February 2021

February's CAS Christmas Card Challenge ........

Happy Thursday ......

I hope you're enjoying your week.  Is it really seven days since I blogged ...... must do better!
  
I'm not quite sure where the last week went, I haven't really done that much, and I still haven't ventured out of the house, well, apart from a trip to see Chris.  He moved house last week and the new place is lovely.

I have spent quite a bit of time in my craft room, taking part in more online workshops.  I'm really enjoying doing stuff just for me!  No deadlines, no pressure, and if you watch them on replay, you can pause the video while you catch up ........ I'm learning loads too, which is fun!

I also made time to play along with February's CAS Christmas Card Challenge ......  yes, that's right more Christmas cards.  Well we did have a flurry of snow this week ..... nothing like what's been falling across the whole of the UK though ..... unfortunately!  Snow always puts me in the festive mood!

Anyway, here it is ....... 


You guessed it, the theme this month is ....... Dogs and/or Cats


I used an old wooden Penny Black stamp, and stamped the kitty directly onto my card base (one layer .... always good for posting!)


I coloured him using ZIG markers, and added a touch of sparkle with some fine crystal glitter onto his rather large Santa hat .......


And then finished off with a simple sentiment underneath .......


Very festive!

Well that's another one for the Christmas box ....... Ho! Ho! Ho!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'd better get started on the evening meal ...... someone's saying he's hungry!

Cheerio until next time ....... 


Products used:
Stamps: Jolly Xmas Kitty (Penny Black)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne;
Others: ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers; Quickie Glue Pen; Fine crystal glitter

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, this might be the cutest Christmas Kitty anywhere!! xx
=]

Viv said...

Lovely card Linda! Don't know where the time goes - it's not as if I am here there and everywhere is it?!
I signed up for an online course - still haven't found the time to do it!

nancy littrell said...

Sweet and cheerful Christmas Kitty with an over sized Christmas hat that the kitty is very proud to wear:-) TFS I can't wait to see your WC projects from your on-line classes:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Colleen said...

Oh My Gosh Linda that cat is the cutest with that over size Santa hat on her head! And the "bow tie" of holy is super cute! thank you so much for playing with us again at CAS Christmas, alway6s love to see you here!

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a cute Christmas card! Your colouring is purr-fect:)

Vicky Hayes said...

Aw, what a cutie this little kitty is Linda! It's lovely to hear that you are enjoying online courses and taking pleasure in your crafting. Vicky x

Bonnie said...

This kitty is adorable and so festive! Love the rich red of his Santa hat and the glittery fun on the brim and pom-pom!

Julia Aston said...

What a cute kitty with her Santa hat that looks like if it slipped just a bit, it would completely cover all of her! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Christmas Challenge Linda! xx

Loll said...

So adorable Linda! I LOVE that sweet cat wearing the very large hat :) Made me smile. xx

Jane Willis said...

I'm a total sucker for a cat in a Santa hat and this one is utterly adorable! Great card.
Jane
Guest Designer at CAS Christmas

Barb Ghig said...

Your little kitty is too cute, Linda! I love his over-sized hat and your coloring is just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

This little Kitty is adorable, Linda, awesome colouring and love the sparkle on the hat. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

Susan said...

That might be an older stamp but it's definitely a keeper. Such an adorable image! And you coloured it beautifully! It's a great one layer card. Thanks so much for making a card for the CAS Christmas challenge I'm hosting.