Thursday 4 February 2021

My journal's almost full ...........

Happy Thursday .......
How are you? ...... I hope you're enjoying your week.
It's done nothing but rain here ...... all week!  Perfect weather for staying warm and cosy in the craft room.  Even though we're out of lockdown I have absolutely no desire to go anywhere!

I mentioned in the previous post that I'd spent last week taking part in an online workshop with the lovely Tracy Scott.
Oh my goodness ..... what a fabulous fun week it was.  We were creating layered backgrounds, and I did all mine in one of my large Dylusions journal (which is nearly full now ..... I'm so excited!!)

Here's a few pictures of my end results .......
Day 1 ..... lots of paint, stenciling and stamping



Day 2 ........  loving using the bright colours


We even managed a bonus page ......


Day three ..... rainbow colours 




Day four ...... I loved how this turned out, there's so many layers on here.  Collage papers, paint.  Stencils, stamps and mark making.  Pen work, splatters, you name it, it's on here.


And finally Day five ...... wasn't sure about these pages when I started but, I stuck with it and I'm happy how they've turned out.  


I do love Tracy's use of colour, and her journaling style. Check out her Creative Cafe page on Facebook there's loads on there, and maybe try one or two of her workshops.

It's STILL raining out there ....... not only do we have the hot tub at the back, we now have a lake, and it's getting bigger


The flamingos are hubby's idea ..... nothing to do with me!! (I don't really go for plastic garden ornaments ..... if that's what you can call them!!)  
This is what happens when he's bored and looks on Amazon!
At least they match the fabulous new Distress colour from Tim Holtz ...... now these I am looking forward to receiving!


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .....


6 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Journal pages look fabulous and full of colour, and it sounds like you've had a fun week.
Good news being out of lockdown, hope it stays that way for your island.
Avril xx

nancy littrell said...

OMG...Gorgeous bright colors Galore!!!! ALL your journal pages are filled with artsy stamping, stenciling and colors,Linda. TFS all the inspiration and sharing the link to Tracy Scott's Creative Cafe. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

Fabulous colours and your week long course sounds amazing :)

Loll said...

WOW! AMAZING journal pages Linda. Looks like you had lots of fun at your busy workshop. I bet your mind is going crazy with all the ideas you'd like to play with again. So fun! LOVE those flamingos ... looks like they are getting a little wet! :) I just ordered some of the new flamingo products and looking forward to play with them ... I LOVE PINK! xx

Bonnie said...

What wonderful results from this class, Linda! Love these bold colors!

HilaryJane said...

Those pages are all simply amazing xx