Monday 29 March 2021

Along the Edge for AAA Cards ........

Happy Monday ......

I hope you all had a nice weekend and that you're looking forward to the Easter break coming up ..... a nice long weekend.  Who am I kidding ........ every weekend is a long weekend at the moment.  In fact, during this lockdown I'm never entirely sure what day of the week it is ..... I thought it was Tuesday today!  We'll blame that on the clocks going forward shall we ....... hahaha!

I'm playing along with the latest CAS challenge at AAA Cards ....... 


My spring cleaning phase continues ...... in the craft room this time.  I took on the task of sorting through all of my rubber stamps (again!!) and came across a Simon Says stamp set that I thought was perfect for this challenge theme .....


I opted not to use the twist and kept to just rubber stamping.


I simply stamped the images in black ink, and then used a water brush and ZIG markers to add the colour ......


I kept the sentiment simple, and finished off with a few sparkly gems ......


As it's the first time I've used this pretty stamp set I'm also linking up to the NBUS Challenge #24


I'm ashamed to say that I came across quite a few pretty stamp sets that have yet to see an ink pad ...... I must do something about that soon!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great week!
It was vaccine day for hubby and I today ...... whoo hoo!  Our first dose all done, we were in and out in no time, and I didn't feel a thing!


Cheerio until next time ........


Products used:
Stamps: Stronger Together (Simon Says Stamp)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; 
Other: ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers; Small self adhesive gems

6 comments:

Jane said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Loll said...

LOVE this design Linda. Gorgeous stamp and colours. Glad you happened across this image ... perfect for the challenge! I have a hard time figuring out the days as well. Being at home this long, the days are just all the same. Happy to hear that you and your hubby are vaccinated!! xx

nancy littrell said...

Love your choice of stamps for the Along the Edge challenge is perfect. Beautiful watercoloring for your image and wonderful CAS design with a sweet little sentiment. I get it..what day is it? One of the most frequent ?'s we are constantly asking ourselves..lol! TFS your beauty, Linda. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

I've been playing with this stamp set too this week. I love how you've colored the strip of blue on the side and those pretty flowers! Lovely coloring, my friend! Wish we could be playing with these stamps together!

Nancy said...

I like the design and the colours of your flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

ÅsaJ said...

Such a gorgeous card and design! Love it! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa