Tuesday 30 March 2021

Journaling is keeping me sane ......

Hello again ........ Happy Tuesday!

Just taking a quick break from cleaning the craft room, so I thought I would share some recent pages from my art journals.

I've been catching up with some online workshops again, getting messy with paints and inks and learning some fun techniques.
The following pages are from Tracy Scott workshops, done via Facebook.  I know I keep saying this but, if you haven't tried one of these yet you need to sign up! 
The workshops are done as Facebook Lives but, you don't need to watch live.  If you'd rather play along and work at your own speed then the videos are always going to be there on replay so you can watch, and rewind as much as you like.

The first two were monthly journaling classes ......  Fresh as a Daisy (which I think was March)


Done in one of my large Dylusions journals, so the flowers are very big and bold ..... love it!


And this one, which I finished yesterday (it's only taken me about a month!!) was from back in February ...... Autumn Leaves


Another large Dylusions journal, across two pages this time.

The tree is hand drawn and painted ..... I surprised myself there!  
And then the leaves have all been cut from a sheet of hand made collage deli paper (another first!) and attached over the top ...... really pleased with this one!


But, I think my favourite workshop done recently has to be the gorgeous Geisha ........ (still can't believe I drew this!!)


This was a three day workshop and worth every minute!  Tracy makes the whole process so easy by breaking it all down into simple to follow step by steps.  
OK, the finished one is not exactly the same as my practice sheet but, she's still beautiful!


Now she is big ...... I used my Dina Wakley Large Media journal for this one ..... it's about 10 x 14.25 inches, so lots of space to work on.  I got a bit carried away and did another double page spread, with a little inspiration from a JOFY project.  


The fan was part of the workshop with Tracy, and is attached with Velcro so it can be removed ..... clever eh!


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
It's the last day of March tomorrow ...... a quarter of the year done already!  A new month means new blog challenges so I'll be back again later in the week.

Cheerio until then ........

4 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

OMG Linda... ALL of your journal pages are awesome.. you can see that you are enjoying these workshops. I can't pick one - they're all beautifully drawn and coloured and each uniquely different. Keep sharing, hugs Robyn

Bonnie said...

I am so IMPRESSED, Linda! WOW! Gorgeous journal pages! Love, love, love the geishas! WOW!

Loll said...

WOW! AMAZING work Linda! I LOVE your journal pages, so full of colour and wonderful design. Congrats on your hand drawn tree and Geisha. Both are STUNNING! xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow, wow, wow !!! Such gorgeous journalling and the Geisha is so stunning!